MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Results of My X-Ray

Well, Joe gave me the good news that 2 of my wisdom teeth will be easy to get out. The two top ones are all the way through, and so they will be easy to pull. Joe said he didn't want to pull my teeth because he didn't want to hurt me, but I promise we will all still be friends after this!! As long as you don't mind if I cry...I'm serious, I might cry. Sad, I know. The one (I say one because I only have 3 wisdom teeth) on the bottom on the other hand is impacted. It will be harder to get out, but a regular dentist can get it out. I am scared of the pain, and I am scared of being out of commission for the time that it takes to heal, and most of all I am afraid of not being able to eat. I appreciate all those that have commented about your wisdom teeth. I am encouraged, but still freaking out.

5 comments:

Jessica Y. said...

I am going to make you pinky swear that we will still be friends after this! I feel bad, it is never fun to think about making yourself hurt on purpose. Hmmm I think I will make an appointment to make my face look like a chipmunk and cry today! Just think though you will only have to ever do this once... If you do them all at once that is. (I promise it is not as bad as childbirth!:)And I will help you with the kiddo's so you can get back on your feet.

Lauren said...

I am sorry to hear about your tooth. Not fun! I have 2 Uncle's who are oral surgeons in Billings, Dr. John Bennion and Dr. Bert Winterholler. I think you should go to them, be put under, and not in a lot of pain. :) It looks like fun at the Drive in. We used to go a lot in Highschool to the one in Powell. :)

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish said...

That really stinks about the pain. I was totally put out when I got mine taken out--by one of Lauren's uncles actually. :o) I don't remember anything about it except for in the car afterward. The two that weren't impacted hardly hurt at all after it, but the 2 that were ached for awhile. The pain killers were really good, but I was not really lucid the whole time I was on them. That would be the part I'd worry about with kids. :o)

Liz said...

I'm sorry that you have to get this done. It's never any fun to hurt. There is a bright side though...I ate a ton of ice cream, popsicles, and shakes because the cold made my mouth feel so darn good!!