MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Preschoolers, and The Zoo

Today Tegan's preschool went to the zoo. I found out last week some time that they were going, and I thought it would be fun to volunteer and go with her. I had the following conversation with her last week about the zoo:

ME: Tegan, would it be alright if I went with you to the zoo?"
TEGAN: "No, Miss Elizabeth can handle it."
ME: Well, would it be alright if I drove you?"
TEGAN : "Well, okay, but then just drop me off at the curb."

She made me laugh. I thought she wasn't supposed to do that until she was like 14!! Anyway, I was able to leave Scout with Jessica, thank you so much, and I was able to go with Tegan. I was a little nervous when I pulled up and saw two large school buses with lots of other children. Turns out we were not the only preschool there today. Several other preschools were there, and that meant LOTS of kids. It made it a little tough to keep track of everyone, but we didn't loose any kids so it was a success. When we first got there the kids had snack, after snack we walked around and looked at the animals. After we looked at the animals it was time for lunch, and then after lunch the kids played for a few minutes before we headed back to school. I have to say that I was exhausted when we got done. It didn't hit me until I was able to relax a little. The stress of trying not to loose any kids was a bit much for me. Overall, it was fun for everyone, and I think the kids had a great time. It was nice to get to go with Tegan and spend time with her. Here are some picture of her while we were there.



0 comments: