MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Skinned Knees

Today we headed off to swimming, and everything is going great until we all get out of the car and head toward the pool. Tegan was so excited, and was running. Scout decided to run as well, but she ended up tripping and falling on the cement. Now you probably think that something serious happened since I am writing about this...well, not really. The poor girl did skin up her knees pretty badly, but that is about it. I picked her up and took her into the bathroom to clean her up. I got a band aid and we went and sat and watched Tegan swim. Scout would fuss a little and tell me that her legs hurt. She didn't want down, and she wouldn't walk. So I cuddled her and carried her to the car when swimming was over. We came home, and she wouldn't let me put her down. She wanted more cuddles, so cuddle we did. The rest of the day, I am not kidding, she would not get off the couch, and if she needed to go somewhere she would wait until I carried her. It really cracked me up. At one time we went outside, and Scout just sat in a chair...seriously you would have thought she broke her legs. Anyway, I went along with it because she is my baby, and I liked that she wanted to cuddle with me. Finally, when it was time for bed I made her walk to bed, and she was so funny. She walked bent over, and wouldn't straighten her legs the whole way. She looked like she had to go to the bathroom, and was holding it. I was able to get a little video of it because I just thought it was so funny. Of course the video doesn't do it justice, she didn't like being taped.

She is just too cute!
Her injuries

And here is my other child taking her "baby" for a walk. Yes, you are seeing that right...her baby is a ROCK!! She cracks me up:)!!!


2 comments:

Em said...

Scout walking is pretty freakin funny. She is so much like you it isn't even funny, she is so cute in the video though.

Megan said...

Oh how sad... her little bandaged knees are so sad. I think it is hilarious how she made you carry her everywhere! I love the video! What a doll! You also have to appreciate Tegan's creativity! So funny!