MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day...

First I want to say Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful Mother's in my life! I am lucky to be surrounded by some wonderful women, and I feel so lucky to have such wonderful examples, and friends.
My Mother's Day was great! I got some great things from the girls. Scout made me me this...

I LOVE IT, and I am going to frame it, and put it in my room!

Then Tegan gave me this...

Her teacher took a picture of her one day while they were outside playing, and then they got to frame them. She told me that she picked a pink frame because she knows my favorite color is pink! I LOVE IT!!

Than a couple of weeks ago Justin took the Tegan, Scout, and Tylee down to the bead store to make Jewelry for Mother's Day. Here is their finished product for me...


Tegan made the necklace and Scout made the bracelet. They had a lot of fun doing it, and were SO excited to give it to me. Tegan couldn't wait, and asked me EVERY single day last week if it was Sunday yet. Here are some pictures of the night that they finished putting the necklaces together. Stormy and I went Visiting Teaching, and then to dinner while they finished.

I feel so very blessed to be Tegan and Scout's Mommy. I was talking to my mom one day on the phone, and I was telling her about the cards the girls made for me, and some things that the girls do, and say, and my mom said, "Your girls love you so much." To be able to experience that kind of love is amazing and makes it all worth it. Their love is so pure, and non conditional. I feel so overwhelmed some days at my role and responsibility as a mother. Some days I feel like a terrible mother, but they are always there to tell me that they love me, and that I am their BEST MOM!!

2 comments:

allison said...

so cute! That is awesome of Justin to take all that time to help your girls make that cute jewelry for you! Happy Mother's Day!

Liz said...

That jewelry is beautiful! You've got some talented ones there. Happy Mother's Day!!