MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

HaPpY BiRtHdAy TEGAN!!

Today Tegan turned 6! I say this every year, and I will probably continue to say it the older she gets, but I can't believe that she is 6. I went to get her a donut for breakfast this morning, and on the way I was just thinking about how vividly I remember the day she was born. It felt like it was yesterday. I remember saying that last year that I was emotional about her turning 5, and I have to admit I was a little emotional about her turning 6. I am sure this is something else that is going to happen every year as she gets older as well.

Tegan has been SO excited about her birthday for weeks. Her teacher told me that is all she talked about at school yesterday. She was excited to take treats to school. When I picked her up she told me that everyone wished her a Happy Birthday, and she had to keep saying "Thank You." She was so funny! Tegan's big present from us was a trip to Build-a-Bear. We have never taken the girls there, and until recently I would never even let them in the store. The girls would beg to get a bear from there, and finally we decided that for their birthdays this year they could go, and make a bear. Justin's mom watched Scout for us so that we could go, and it could be a Tegan special trip. She went right in, and knew exactly what she wanted. She picked a cute little panda bear, which surprised me I thought she would have picked a horse or a dog. After she picked what she wanted we went over to get it stuffed. She put one of the pumping hearts in it, and once it was stuffed she washed it and combed it. Then it was on to choosing an outfit. She picked out a pretty pink dress, and shoes to match. I loved how they would let you try on the the outfits, that was fun for Tegan. Once we found what we wanted we did the birth certificate. It was a lot of fun, and we had so much fun spending that time with Tegan. She had a permanent smile on her face, and was beyond excited to finally get to be making her animal.



Then we came home, and celebrated with Justin's family. They came over for crepes, presents, and cake and ice cream. Tegan got everything she wanted, and Thank you to everyone that sent Birthday wishes, gifts and cards. It was all very much appreciated, and she felt the love. Happy Birtday, Tegan. We love you so much, and are so glad you are part of our family!

2 comments:

allison said...

How fun for Tegan, that looks like a blast! And crepes?!?! What a fabulous birthday dinner, that sounds so good! Happy Birthday Tegan!

Megan said...

What a cute bear and outfit! I'm glad she got to go and have such a great time! What did she name her new little lovey? Blake named his elephant "Peanut"! Fitting,isn't it?! Glad it was a good a day!