MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Activities Leading Up To Christmas...

Things were so busy the couple weeks leading up to Christmas. I felt like I was going non stop and didn't have a moment to catch my breath. With all the Christmas festivities, and just trying to make sure that we were ready for Christmas I didn't really think about anything that wasn't Christmas related. Here is a run down of some of the things we did.
On the 16th Tegan had her Christmas program at school. This was the first time in years that the school has had a Christmas program. It sure wasn't at all like the Christmas programs when I was a kid, but it was cute because Tegan was in it. She was so excited to sing the songs that she had learned, and perform them for Justin, me, and her grandparents. She did a great job, and looked super cute up there!

On the 17th Scout had her Christmas program at her preschool, and last day of school. She did a great job, and actually sang all of her songs. I didn't get any pictures of her up on the stage because Justin didn't end up making it. He had to work at the Temple that morning, and he got to the school a little late, and then ended up getting stuck in the parking lot, and missed the whole thing. I recorded it for him so I didn't get any pictures. After her program they had punch and cookies for the families. There little program was really cute, and fun to see them do something different than the last 2 years.

On the 17th we also had a work party. Justin 's dad's office had their work party. Justin's parents hosted the whole thing, and his mom cooked all the food. It was a fun evening getting to know some of the people that Justin has been working with a little bit the last few months. We ate, played games, and exchanged white elephant gifts

I was a little bummed that Tegan actually had school the 20-22nd. They don't give them a full 2 weeks for Christmas. I think Tegan was ready for a break as well. It was a little rough to get her up those 3 days. We were all looking forward to Wednesday after school because that was the official start of our vacation. We started our holiday out with celebrating Lindsey's birthday that night at Red Robin with all the family that came in from Utah. There was Grandma Facer, Uncle Doug, Alisa, Jenna, Madisen, and Fernando that arrived to celebrate Christmas with us this year. We had a fun dinner laughing and visiting. I think we were there for over 2 hours before we finally all headed out to Max and Julies to do the rest of Lindsey's birthday, and visit with everyone. This was the start of all of the late nights. I don't think we went to bed before midnight until Justin's sisters left to go home.

On the 23rd I went shopping with Julie, Grandma, Alisa, Jenna, Doug and Fernando. We spent pretty much all day shopping and trying to get last minute stuff done for Christmas. It was a lot of fun, and we laughed A LOT...maybe a little too much!:) After a long day we went back to Justin's parents house, and had dinner, and then decorated gingerbread houses. We had a contest, and Justin's Uncle Doug won! The kids had a great time eating candy, frosting, and making a mess. The girls had a sleep over with Madisen that night. So Justin and I headed home sometime after midnight.

Tegan and Madisen waiting to decorate their gingerbread houses


Scout and Landon waiting...

Doug and Fernando getting started

Brad and McCall...their house had a little trouble standing at first!

Alisa and Tegan working on their house. Thanks Alisa, I just didn't have the patience!

Everyone working so hard

Tegan and Madi...finished

Fernando and the winning house!

Jenna and Madi with their house

Justin and Scout with their house

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a cute idea! Now I think we're going to do a gingerbread decorating contest next year!

THANKS!

Liz said...

What a cute idea! Now I think we're going to do a gingerbread decorating contest next year!

THANKS!