MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, May 21, 2011

JR Leader Retreat

As I have said before, In February I was called to be a Junior Leader Supervisor. I went into this from the beginning feeling very inadequate for this calling. With the help of countless wonderful women that have been so supportive and helpful along the way I have survived. Well, last night we had our JR leader retreat. Our stake camp leader graciously offered her home to the 3o girls, and leaders...what a brave women! We started with dinner, and then got right in and started on the camp stuff that we needed to get done. The girls were wonderful and stayed on task so that we could get our stuff done. This was a good opportunity to get to know them better and see them in a different environment. I have to say we have a wonderful group of girls, and they are SUPER talented. One of the things we did was go over the songs that they will be singing for FHE and for the Virtue walk. When the girls sang these songs it gave me goose bumps. Seriously they are beautiful songs with beautiful messages. I thought of my girls, and my hope for them as they get older to seek after things that are virtuous, lovely, of good report or praiseworthy...

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

I want my girls to stand strong, stand tall, and to believe in the things that they are taught. I hope that I can be that example for them. As I looked around the room at the 30 girls singing these songs I have hope that even in a world filled with darkness my girls have the truth, and the light to help them through, and that they will be able to stand and be an example. Those girls were beautiful YW, and are such an example to me.



http://youtu.be/JE98CIq8BHE





http://youtu.be/0-es07umko4

1 comments:

Megan said...

Carrie, what a beautiful post! Your girls are very lucky and blessed to have you as their amazing example of a beautiful, virtuous, and faithful women and mother! So glad you enjoyed the Jr. Retreat! Heavenly Father obviously knew what he was doing when he called you to this calling!
Can't wait to talk to you... sorry we've been M.I.A.... Kyle has been sick with the flu since last week! Talk to you soon!