MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas this year was spent in Laramie with my family. We were SO excited to go home, and see everyone. I saw my parent's in September, but I didn't see everyone else so it had been a year since I had seen them. Justin came home from Williston on the 21st, and we headed to Laramie on the 22nd. On the 23rd was my mom's birthday so we spent the day celebrating her birthday, and just hanging out. For dinner I made Chicken enchiladas, and Allison made Spanish rice. It was a delicious meal, and then we had cake and ice cream and opened gifts.

Christmas eve was spent just hanging out, and relaxing. My mom, sister, and I spent some time doing some last minute shopping for my sisters boys, and for food. We had a great time together! For dinner we did the usual snack foods that we do. We had nachos, wraps, chips and dip, cheese and crackers, and tons of candy. After we ate we watched a movie on Christs birth, and then we opened gifts. It was so fun watching the girls open their gifts, and I loved watching my parents, grandma, Justin, and sisters' family open the gifts that I got them. After we opened presents we got the girls ready for bed, and tried to get them settled down.

Christmas morning I got up at 5:30 so I could start getting ready for 9:00 church. It was great because we weren't rushed. The girls were able to see what Santa brought, and we were able to get ready and be at church on time. Church was great. It is always fun to go back to our old ward, and to be with family. After church we went home, and played games, and lounged around. Dinner was wonderful. My mom is a great cook, and always makes the best food! It really was a wonderful Christmas! We enjoyed everyone, and had such a great time being with family.

Monday Justin really wanted to take the girls ice fishing with Leonard, the boys, and my dad. I wasn't up to it so they all went had had a great time. I was surprised, but the girls LOVED it! Tegan actually cried that night because her fish got away. Scout woke up the next morning, and the first thing out of her mouth was, "Dad, can we go ice fishing today?" It was so cute! Justin was one proud daddy!:)

The next two days were just spend hanging out around the house, and not doing much. We left early Wednesday morning because Justin needed to get home and start getting some work done. He didn't have to go back to Williston so we got to enjoy having him home for awhile longer. It was truly a wonderful Christmas, and we were sad to leave, but it was nice to get home, and get things back to normal.


Austin, Calvin, my Dad, Leonard, and the girls ice fishing


The girls and Austin fishing



This is what we spent most of our time doing...playing rummy with Grandma


Grandma and Grandpa with the girls before church


Us before church



The most beautiful girls I know


Scout wanted to take a picture



Tegan with her gift from Santa


Scout with her gift from Santa



Making bracelets and sewing



One of the other favorite games





Here are the stockings that my mom made for us. She started mine 30 years ago, but never finished it. She finally decided to finish it, and do one for Justin, Tegan and Scout too. I LOVE THEM!!!

Christmas Eve Dinner


0 comments: