MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas shopping madness, and birthday parties

I feel like all week I have been buying and exchanging Christmas gifts. I am not kidding I have been to walmart everyday this week trying to finish up my Christmas shopping. I will find something and walk around with it for awhile, then put it back, then go and get it again. I have even bought a few things and then after getting home decided that it was not what I wanted. Talk about crazy! Justin not being here to help me complicates things even more. When it comes to stuff like this I like to have his input on things, and he is of no use to me in Billings. I really do enjoy Christmas, things just get a little crazy, and I feel a little stressed. But, I think that I am almost done, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Today other than our 100th trip to walmart this week, it was just an ordinary day around here. I finally got Scout's baby blanket done. Yeah, I know she isn't a baby anymore. I have been working on this since I was pregnant. To my defense I wasn't feeling well enough to do anything, but when I did I worked on it as much as I could. Then after I had her any free time that I had was gone. I would work on it at different times, and I would feel like the worst mom ever for not having it done earlier. Well, today I decided no matter what it was going to get done. So finally it is done and she is sleeping soundly with it now. Hooray for me!!! Then this afternoon Tegan's friend Kaylee had a birthday party. We could drop the kids off or stay, and I decided to stay. What a brave women Alonna was for having all of those kids in her house. Honestly, I couldn't even count the number of kids that were there. Alonna handled it all with grace, and never seemed bothered by anything that happened. We had a really good time. They played different versions of pin the tail on the donkey. There was put the hat on the fireman, and pin the purse on the girl. Of course the girls did the purse, and the boys did the fireman. Then they had cupcakes and opened presents. Then the fun part, the pinata. The kids had a great time with that. Remember, the kids were only 3 and 4 year olds, so we went through all the kids without anything happening.The excitement on the kids faces as they anticipated the candy coming out was priceless!! Finally it broke, and the kids went crazy picking up the candy. After the party we came home and ate dinner and took quick baths and were still in bed by 7. Now I have a ton of cleaning to do from the day, and I better get to it while I still have energy.
These pictures have nothing to do with the post, but they are some of my favorite. I thought I would share them.

This is Justin and the girls taking a Sunday nap together (Justin might kill me for posting this , but I love this picture)

This is one of my favorite of Scout. She was just laying on the floor so quitely.
Tegan, Scout, and cousin Madi last Christmas

This is one of my absolute favorite of Tegan

2 comments:

Trish said...

I totally agree that Alona was brave. I couldn't believe how many kids were there! I was reading about Tegan only recognizing the first letter of her name. That's where Brinly is right now. Maybe it's a developmental thing--hopefully I'll see some progress like you in the next few months.

Lauren said...

I love reading about your crazy life. You are a great Mom, Carrie. So glad that you finished Scout's blanket- finally. :) Glad that Tegan had fun at the party. Darn Christmas shopping. I need to get my act together and go. We already know what we're getting our kiddos, but...any news on your "house" that you want?