MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, December 24, 2007

More Christmas shopping, and my Brother is here

We have had a busy couple of days. We have had a lot of fun staying busy, and getting ready for Christmas. On Saturday we went to Cheyenne to finish up our Christmas shopping. I only had Justin to finish shopping for, and I was able to accomplish most of it while we were in Cheyenne. I could only do so much with him with me. He insisted on coming with me so I had to do my best. Most of the time we each took a kid and split up. Hopefully he likes what he got. If not, it is his fault for coming with me. I still have one more thing to get him, but I am not worried. We got home Saturday pretty early and got dinner and baths and then before we knew it it was time for bed.
Sunday we woke up early for "mugs up" at church. The ward met at 8:30 for hot chocolate and donuts. It was fun, we were a little late, but we made it and were able to visit with some of our friends. Justin was able to see people he hadn't seen in 3 months. It was SO nice to have him at church with me. He was able to wrangle Scout during sacrament. She woke up at 5:30 that morning and church is during her nap so she was a little cranky. I took her during Sunday School, and then he took her during Relief Society. It was the first time I have sat in Relief Society in I don't know how long. After church we came home and got ready for my parents, brother, and Emily (sister-in-law) to get home from Denver. This is the first time I have spent Christmas with Dustin in 6 years. We were so excited to see him. The last time we saw him was for his wedding in August of 2006. Long time, but it is hard to see each other more with he is in Pittsburgh. Tegan was so excited to see him. She may remember him I don't know. She was 23 months old the last time she saw him. But, she ran right up to him and gave him this HUGE hug. She has found herself a new best friend because she has hardly left his side. This was his first time meeting Scout. The last time he saw me I was 7 months pregnant with her. She even went to him right away. He is really cute with them. It is great to have him and Emily home. It is not often that we are all together anymore. This is a first since we are all married now.
My Moms birthday was also on Sunday so even though she was sick and didn't feel up to doing anything we celebrated her birthday. We had lasagna, bread, and salad for dinner. YUMMY!! and then after some persuading she opened up her presents. We had a great time!!
Here are just a couple of pictures. The first one is of Justin and the girls playing a game. This is "the castle game" that Tegan loves. We play it all the time with her. The second picture is of Dustin, and the girls reading a book. SO CUTE!!

0 comments: