MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Trying to keep up

The last couple of days the girls and I have been on our own here at Grandma's house. Everyone went back to work on the 2nd. Let me tell you I have gotten my workout here. There are two flights of stairs, and 3 levels that I have to keep my eye on. When other people are here it is helpful because I don't have to be on all 3 levels at once, but with just me, and 2 very active girls I am going crazy. The first day that everyone went back things were completely thrown off because we had all been out so late the night before. So, the girls slept in until after 8. When Scout got up, game on, the fun started. I found her once in the kitchen with a spoon swirling it in the dogs water, she has eaten the dog food to many times to count. She must like it, she keeps doing it. Then I found her with one of her Grandmas porcelain dolls, carrying it up the stairs, and when I tried to take it from her she screamed her head off and held on for dear life. I am not kidding she had a death grip on it!! I am having the hardest time keeping her out of the garbage and the cupboard with the cleaning products. It is funny too because she knows she is not supposed to be in those, and when I catch her she just laughs at me. Then her and Tegan didn't get along at all yesterday. Tegan wouldn't share with her, and Scout refuses to have things taken away from her so she would stand there and put up quite the fight, holding on for dear life, and screaming her head off. It was really funny, but after dealing with it all day I was a little exhausted. Sometimes I want to crawl in a corner and scream. What a sight that would be, huh?!! So anyway, I am just trying to stay on top of this so that my children, mostly Scout doesn't destroy her Grandmas house. It is quite the challenge since I can't keep her in one spot long enough.
Tegan has been having a hard time with people not being around to entertain her. For 3 weeks now she has had someone to entertain her and be at her beck and call. Now it is just me, and I can't always be there so she is just bored. Funny story about her. The other day she was following her Uncle Brad around and he said that he couldn't get his "freakin'" car to start. Tegan turns around and is walking in the house with her Grandma and said, "the freakin' cat wants in"! My mother-in-law came in and told me and I just cracked up laughing. She copies everything that people say. We have to be so careful around her. We don't swear, but I say crap, and she will repeat it. I don't necessarily consider this a bad word, but I don't think that a 3 year old should say it. It is just so funny what she picks up.
We are only here a couple more days, and then we are headed home. We didn't accomplish anything on this trip. The lady we were buying the house from passed away, and so things are in limbo again. It was good to spend time with Justin, and I am really sad to be leaving. Hopefully something good will happen soon. I can't take any more bad news.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh, Carrie. If anyone knows your pain right now, it's definitely me. I so hear you on the fighting of children and keeping Taggart out of the cleaning stuff and the garbage. He loves to play with the cat food, too so we've had to put that up high. He is starting to hit and put up a fight if Gracee is mean, too. And about the word freakin'??? It must be in the air. Read my post. :)