I came out of my bedroom this morning and this is what I saw. Moments like these are precious!!
It always makes my day when my two precious children are getting along. Tegan can be pretty hard on poor Scout sometimes, and it definitely tests my patience when Tegan won't share or even play nice with her.
After I laid Scout down for her nap I was in the bedroom getting ready for the day when the doorbell rang. I went and answered the door, and it was a lawn guy needing me to open the gate so that he could spray the lawn. I ran out and opened the gate, moved some toys off the lawn, and came back inside to finish getting ready. A few minutes later the doorbell rang again, and it was the same man telling me he was finished. I went out to lock the gate, and as I walked out Tegan shut the screen door, locked it, and shut the sliding glass door. I try to open the door and what do I find...it is locked. I couldn't believe it, she locked me out of the house. I couldn't get in the front door because I always keep it locked. I stood there banging on the glass, and Tegan didn't come. I started yelling for her to open the door, and she still didn't come. I was panicking because I knew that she could hear me, she was just choosing to not open it because she could probably figure out that I was mad. I kept pounding, and finally after about 5 minutes she peeked her head around the corner. I told told her to open the door, she could tell that I was upset, and just stood there. Finally, I got her to open the door, and when I got in we had a long talk about not locking mommy out anymore. The lesson for the day is always carry a spare key to the house from now on. I have always had that fear that she might do that someday, I just didn't think it would be today. Thank goodness it wasn't cold outside. Oh, how I love her, but someday she surprises me with the things that she comes up with.







2 comments:
I think that is a funny story. I can totally picture you locked out yelling, I think it is pretty funny.
I can totally relate. Last summer we were at a family reunion and the kids and I were in Trevor's parent's trailer. Anyway, I changed Jordan's diaper and went outside to throw it away. Abby locked the door right behind me. I was so upset. It was a really hot day and all three of them were in there. Trevor's parents had a key, but they had just left to float down the river and wouldn't be done for 3 hours. I didn't want to break a window in their new trailer!! I did the same thing as you and FINALLY Brinly unlocked it. I hope it never happens again. :o)
Post a Comment