It makes the day seem so long when we aren't able to go outside. Today was cloudy, and chilly so we just hung out inside. I would have liked for the weather to have been nice so that I could have sent the girls outside to play while I did laundry, unpacked, and tried to put the house back in order. It always makes it tough when I am trying to put things away, and they are getting into things, and making messes right behind me. So needless to say, it makes me wish for bedtime to come quickly. While giving Tegan and Scout a bath Tegan was crying as she always does when we start the washing process. Some nights I can ignore it more than others, but with the crummy weather, my mouth being sore-thanks to my wisdom tooth, and having to buy new tires for the Yukon I didn't have much patience for the screaming. I told Tegan she needed to knock it off or I would give her something to cry about, and her response to me was "like what"? I said, "like a spanking that's what." But inside I was laughing so hard, and I even think I heard a chuckle out of Justin who was in the kitchen. I can always count on my little Tegan to make me laugh even when I feel like screaming.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I hate it when I get called on the carpet as a Mom. They are to smart, and so innocent. My patience is running a little low too. I swear it is this crummy weather we are having!
I had to laugh at this Carrie, I can so see her saying that!! hehe
Thanks for the laugh. It's nice to know I'm not the only parent who loses my patience with my kids.
Post a Comment