MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sad to see summer end, but welcome the things to come

So, I am extremely sad that summer is coming to an end, and that winter is right around the corner. You know, I do enjoy fall, but I would enjoy it even more if it didn't mean that snow, and cold weren't around the corner. I have actually enjoyed the last few days of cloudy weather. It hasn't been cold just cloudy, and on a couple of days rainy. When the weather is like that I don't feel the need to go out. I just like to stay home in my "comfies" and do things around the house. I have even been excited about making meals that I don't make during the summer. They are my comfort foods that remind me of my family, and of Laramie. Also, for the last week I have been on this kick to declutter my life, and to decorate with the cute things that I have that I have been saving for just the "right" time. I always tell myself that when we finally buy a house I will decorate the way I want, but until then we are just renting so I will save the stuff. Well, I have decided to just do it!! I have had these old windows that my dad gave me from an old job site, and they are beautiful. I wasn't sure what to do with them, but a few months ago when Megan was visiting she gave me some ideas. One of the ideas was to hang them on the wall in my room above my bed so that is what I am going to do. I am so excited about it. The other project that I am going to do is cover the pillows on my couch, and maybe make some window treatments with Megan's help. I have never had window treatments since Justin and I have been married. I have never wanted to put money into a house that we are renting, and then have to redo everything when we buy so I have never done it, but who knows how long we are going to live here, and it might as well be what I want it to be while I am here. Plus I am tired of all of this stuff just sitting around taking up space. Along will all of this I am going to spend all winter decluttering my house, and then next year Jessica and I are going to have a garage sale. I just want to stop holding on to stuff that I don't use, and probably never will. So here is to slowly decorating (wish me luck) the way I want, and decluttering!!

2 comments:

Brenny said...

I've always wanted to decorate with old windows. When you get them up, take a picture!

Megan said...

I am so excited to come be your "lovely decorating assistant"!