MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

Where do I even start? We left on Wednesday, early afternoon, for Laramie. It was nice to leave early, and get there before it was too late. As soon as we got into town we went over to my Sister's house. It was so great to see her and her family. We stayed at her house until 9:00, and then we figured we better get to my parent's house. It was so good to see everyone!! Thursday was wonderful. I have been waiting for my Mom's YUMMY thanksgiving dinner for weeks. I have to say my mom is the best cook!! Allison and her family came over and we played games, talked, and ate yummy food all day long. Tegan and Scout had so much fun with Duran, Austin, and Calvin, and the rest of the family. Friday my sister decided we needed to be at Walmart at 4:00 in the morning. So I got myself up at 3:15 and was at her house by 4:00. We were at Walmart shortly after, and each of us were in different lines waiting for the items that she needed. We spent 4 1/2 hours there before we were finally done with everything. While we were shopping Justin, and Leonard took the boys fishing. They spent the majority of the day on the lake catching lots of fish. Friday was a little rough just because I was exhausted from getting up early, but after a nap I was able to play cards with Grandma!! Saturday we ate lunch at Baily's (one of my favorite places), then went to Ace Hardware to listen for the numbers for the Holiday Hurrah. They handed out tickets to the kids again, and this year Scout won toy. If you remember last year Tegan won a bike!! Then we went to the Basketball game. My parent's even came along which I was very happy about. After the game we went back to the house, and had homemade soup, and bread sticks...YUMMY! After eating we played more games. We had a lot of late nights, and some early mornings. The whole trip was go...go...go, but it was all so wonderful. We had a great time with my family, and I was even able to see a few friends while we were at Walmart. I always enjoy running into friends. We left in a hurry on Sunday because it was snowing really bad, but once we got outside of Laramie the weather was clear. I hate having to leave in such a hurry, and I didn't really get to say goodbye to Allison. I don't know when I will be seeing them again, and I miss them so much. I was thankful that we were able to go home, and I was even more thankful that the price of gas was REALLY cheap. Justin, and I have so many things to be grateful for:
  1. Justin's job, this truly is a blessing, and we didn't know it at the time, but truly came at the right time.

  2. Our families, who have all been so wonderful this past year, and given us so much support with this new adventure.

  3. I am thankful to live close to Megan, and see her often.

  4. Our home

  5. The Gospel, and our testimonies

  6. Our health

  7. Our two BEAUTIFUL little girls, who truly are a blessing to us, and we love them more than anything.
Scout with her BIG grin!
Scout was so funny she took this washrag and was washing the fridge, and the doorShe is too cute!!
Justin with Duran, Austin, Calvin, the girls, and of course ELMO!!
I could go on and on, but I will leave it at that for now. I was sad to leave my family, but I am ready for the upcoming holiday season. Last year because we were in the middle of moving I didn't get to decorate so I am really looking forward to having a home that I can decorate this year. I love that Tegan is getting older, and is so excited for Christmas, it makes me excited to see the joy in her face. Justin, and I are doing a simple Christmas for the girls, and we are pretty much done shopping. I don't feel a lot of stress so I think I will be able to just enjoy what comes.

2 comments:

The Merkleys said...

I am glad you made it to Laramie and home with good weather. It is always a toss up to see if anyone can make it to there Wyoming destination in the middle of winter! I cannot believe you went to Wal-mart that early....you are crazy!

Devin said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog (long ago) we were in Laramie over Thanksgiving too! on our way out on Sunday we were wobbling on the snow a bit and Lucy said "Daddy is a crazy driver!" Are you guys living in Billings?? we're living up in the heights. Does Justin do personal finance stuff? let me know