Tegan is so excited for Christmas. She asks me almost everyday if she can open her presents. I have to disappoint her every time, and tell her no. Today we sat down and wrote a letter to Santa. It was really cute because all she wanted to say is "Dear Santa, please bring me toys." I told her that she had to be a little more specific so she said that she wanted some pixos, another baby pony so her baby pony could have a friend (won't she be sad when she realizes her sister got this from Justin and I, she didn't show interest in it before, so I bought it for Scout...oops), a Dora mermaid (she wanted a Diego mermaid, but I had to inform her that Diego was not a mermaid), and then she said that she wanted some more pixos for her sister Scout because she likes them too (so cute that she would think of her sister), then I had some pipe cleaners on the table, and she said that she wanted some of those. I told her that she didn't have to ask Santa for those because we could just get more. She said, "yes I do because he might bring them to me." He very well may, but we will have to see!!;) I thought it was a sweet letter.
So I took my friend Megan's advice and made "pick-up puppets" for the girls to use when it is time to pick up their toys. I have been struggling with the girls not wanting to help me so I went ahead and made them. Tegan just loved them, and guess what she named them (yes, she named both even though one was Scouts) she named them Tegan and Tegan. That made me laugh. She wouldn't even consider any other names for them.
I can't believe how fast this week has gone. I am really ready for the weekend. We have some fun things planned so I am excited to get out and spend some time with friends. I am done with Christmas shopping so that is one less stress for me, and now I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the next week. YIPPIE!!
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Letter to Santa, Sock Puppets...
Posted by Carrie at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
The puppets are a great idea! I always need something to get my boys interested in cleaning their toys so I'm not always doing it.
Very cute letter to Santa -- what a great thing to document for them.
The sock puppet idea is great. Such a good way to make cleaning up a bit more interesting and fun.
Post a Comment