There are just some days where the messes don't seem to stop around here. Some days it is just frustrating to have to keep getting after the girls for the same thing over and over. Lately it seems to be Scout. She LOVES lotion, soap, and chap stick. I can't even count the number of chap sticks she has ruined. I know that she does this, and I try to remember to keep them up out of reach, but sometimes I forget, and she knows where I keep them so she will find them and ruin them. Well, while I was in the shower she found my chap stick, and she dug it all out, and rubbed it all over herself. Along with the soap, the last few days I can't seem to keep her out of the soap in the bathroom. Every time she gets a chance she is in the bathroom pumping as much soap as she can on her hands and rubbing it all over. This morning I found her on the counter top next to the sink with a ton of soap all over her hands, and up her arm, and she was rubbing it on the mirror. She will do the same thing with lotion all the time, but today it was the soap. I don't know how many times I have gotten after her for these two things, but she still continues to get into them. I find myself having a hard time getting too mad at her because she is just so darn cute, Sigh...what to do, what to do!!?
Scout is really talking A LOT. I love to listen to her talk, and it is so fun that she is doing it more and more. Her new favorite thing is to help me with whatever I am doing, and she will say, "I helping, I helping." She just cracks me up when she says this. The other thing she says all the time is "now". If we are not helping her with whatever she needs right when she needs it she will say, "Mom, now." It makes me laugh because she is getting quite the personality. She is growing up so fast, and she is turning into such a great little girl. I was looking at her the other day realizing that she is not my baby, and she is getting so big. It makes me so sad. :(
In other news I guess I have neglected to tell everyone that Justin got a new calling. He is the new Elders Quorum President. He is really excited about this calling, and is jumping right in there and getting busy. I am sure that he will stay nice and busy!







2 comments:
Scout is just too cute. I'm sure it is annoying to have her get into things, and I don't know that I would be so happy about her spreading things on the mirror every other day, but it is a good thing to remember as she gets older.
Darren keeps trying to teach our neices and nephews to say 'now' to their parents. It hasn't caught on. I love that Scout says it... :)
I love it! Just remember that you will look back at these days when they are teenagers and too cool for Mom and Dad and you will wish she was still the sweet little girl rubbing soap all over herself and the bathroom!
Thanks for the phone call yesterday... Blake had a fun day! Thanks for being so thoughtful! He LOVES his build and play truck... it helped occupy him while I was trying to get everything ready for last nights celebrations! You are the best! I'll give you a call with all the details of his day!
Post a Comment