MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kickoff Weekend for Work

I have to apologize I didn't get any pictures of this weekend so it will be a pretty boring post to just read. Thursday Justin, and I got the chance to go away for the weekend with out the kids. New York Life was having their kick off party, and they were doing it in Big Sky at the 320 Ranch. Jamie (Justin's sister) took the kids for us, and we left early Thursday afternoon. It was exciting, but I was nervous to leave them. This is only the second time EVER that we have both left them. Anyway, we got up to the Ranch Thursday evening, and stopped at this Restaurant La Luna for dinner. Everyone was supposed to meet there at 5:00 to eat, but like always we were running late, but we still made it and were able to eat dinner. Then we went and found our cabin. We shared a cabin with one of the guys that Justin works with, and his wife. After we got settled we decided to go up, and make an appearance at the cocktail hour. By the time we got there everyone was pretty drunk so we only stayed long enough to say "HI", have a few laughs at the expense of a few drunk people, and then we left. The couple that we were staying with are also LDS so we were the only 2 couples that did not drink the whole weekend. We went back to the cabin, and just visited with Anthony, and Susan the rest of the evening.

Friday Justin had to get up early for his meeting. He was in a training all day on Friday. I did get to meet him for lunch, but other than that I was left to fend for myself. It was fine, and I had a good day. I got up and showered, and took my time getting ready for the day. I read the Ensign, watched a little television, and after lunch Susan and I watched the movie Emma Smith. After the movie we got ready, and went to meet the guys. Justin's area manager wanted us to come to the last part of the meeting. After the meeting we had a bit of a break until dinner. We went down to a gas station to get reception on our phones so we could call the girls. It was hard not being able to talk to them when we wanted. When we talked to them they sounded like they were having lots of fun. When I said hi to Scout she screamed, "HI MOMMY". It was really cute!! She kept saying "home, home, home" because she wanted to go home, but she did really good while we were gone, and she had lots of fun. After talking to the girls we went back to the cabin and got ready for dinner. It was the most DELICIOUS dinner I have had in a long time. Everything that they served us was SO YUMMY! After dinner they had a little award ceremony, and then they had a guest speaker.

After dinner they had a dance. I didn't think that we would stay for it, but we ended up staying until midnight dancing. Finally, I talked Justin into leaving, he probably would have stayed all night, but I was exhausted. Saturday morning we got up really early so that we could get home to see the girls. It was a great little getaway, and really made us realize that we need to do something like that every once in awhile.

0 comments: