MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why Are You Covered In Mud?

Today I let the girls go outside in the back yard for the first time in...who knows how long. First of all, with the freezing temperatures around here I wouldn't let them go outside because it was...well just too darn cold, and then I have to admit I didn't want to get them all dressed just for them to be outside for 5 minutes and then want to come back in. And then the mess, don't get me started on the mess that I didn't want to clean up. So anyway, yes, I am a mean mom, and I keep my kids inside!! Well today the weather was pretty nice, and I thought "how much trouble could they get into, and it wasn't freezing so why not." Well, a few minutes later I hear Scout screaming, and Tegan is pounding on the sliding glass door. I go to see what the problem is, and Tegan is covered in mud!! I seriously wanted to cuss right then. Out of all the places to go in the yard they headed straight for the mud. I look out the door, and Scout is screaming because she had fallen, and caught herself with one had, which was now covered in mud, and she couldn't move. Now that I think about it that would have been a great picture. I am not sure what exactly happened to Tegan, and why she was covered in mud, but she was a little messy. Oh, my two little ANGELS!!

look how devastated she is that she had mud on her hand!

"What's the problem..."


2 comments:

Em said...

That is too funny. Scout is so funny how she is devastated about the mud.

Megan said...

Too cute! Your girls are still adorable even when they are devastated! At least you have some grassed areas for them to play on... if only they would! I like Tegan's hair down! She looks so grown up! Hope you have fun plans for the weekend!