Compared to recent days we have had a pretty uneventful last few days, thank goodness!! This was Tegan's last week of school before spring break. She has all next week off so lets hope for some nice weather so we can go and do some fun things instead of staying inside all week. So here are some highlights so far.
- I was really proud of Tegan yesterday, we went to Justin's office after work to see him, and she was righting on his white board. She wrote and A, and then on the left side of the A she wrote a B, and then on the right side of the A she wrote a T. I don't know if she meant to, but she spelled BAT. She turns around and said, "look mom." So I look, and I about fell out of my chair. She is learning a great deal in preschool, and I couldn't be more proud of her.
- I think I will be enrolling Scout in preschool this next year as well. I think that it will be a great experience for her, and it will really help her to get away and be with other people for a portion of the day. She will only go 2 days a week, and I think that is a great start.
- I still wouldn't say that we are officially potty training Scout yet, but we are making HUGE progress. When I change her diaper I have her go and sit on the potty, and yesterday she peed 3 of the times that I had her do this. Today, she told me twice that she had to go potty so I took her in, and she sat on the potty for awhile, but nothing happened. It is huge that she is telling me though. We are going to get some pull-ups and start trying next week I think.
- Justin put up more shelving in the basement for our food storage today. We were running out of room with just one shelf. I still don't have enough shelving for my cans of rice, milk, spaghetti, and oats, but we made progress today so I am pleased.
- Today we took the girls to paint pottery. We took them to the place we went on Valentine's Day. They were both really excited. Tegan picked out a whale to paint, and Scout picked a bowl. I had a coupon for another bowl so Tegan ended up doing that too since the whale didn't take very long. The girls now have their own cereal bowl, and we put their names around the top in puffy paint. The girls did a really good job!! We let them pick out their own colors, and paint how they wanted. Of course they need some assistance but these were their bowls to do what they wanted with. Scout's favorite part was playing in the cup of water. She is so silly!! Tegan ended up dropping her whale at the end. Luckily the whole thing didn't break, and the nice man at the store said that he would try to fix it before he fired it. Tegan was pretty devastated!! We had a lot of fun doing this as a family, and I think the girls really enjoyed it!
Tegan putting "spots" on her bowl







4 comments:
Sounds like fun, let me know how the potty training is going for you give me tips I need them. Also Tegan's hair looks so dark in the last picture is it really that dark, or was it lighting or something. It makes her look much older.
That pottery place sounds pretty fun. We don't have anything like that around here, but I'll check in San Diego. Congrats on the potty training!! We're still working on it with our first, let alone Brayden!
Way to go Tegan for rocking the spelling, and for Scout on the potty! That pottery place sounds fun, what a good idea!
I've got to go to that pottery painting place. It looks like a blast.
Post a Comment