MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Am Getting Old...

As most of you know today was my 29th birthday!! It was a wonderful day. It started this morning bright and early because I had to get Tegan off to school. At 7:40 a.m. my phone rang, I thought it was my sister, but when I picked up the phone it was my friend Kari calling the wish me a Happy Birthday. She said she wanted to be the first one to call, and she was!! Then at about 8:30 the phone rang again. This time it was my friend Megan. She was so cute she actually sang Happy Birthday to me, and then she told me that she almost got up at 6:00 a.m. to drive an hour and fifteen minutes to bring me breakfast, but then reality hit that she has two kids, and things to get done before tomorrow (which I totally understood). I thought it was sweet that she even considered it!! I have great friends!! Thank you to everyone that called or left me messages today wishing me Happy Birthday. I really appreciated all the calls, the cards, and the gifts. So THANK YOU to everyone!!

The girls were excited about my birthday, and kept wishing me Happy Birthday. Tegan kept telling Justin that they needed to buy me a guitar for my birthday. Don't ask me why she wanted to get me a guitar. When I asked her about it she just said she wanted me to play it. I told her that I didn't know how, and she said, "well what do you play?" I had to tell her that her mother isn't musically talented. I think she was a little disappointed.

My mother in law took me to lunch, which was great!! I spent most of my day on the phone with people, cleaning, running little errands, and spray painting boxes for the RS Birthday Dinner. Before I knew it the day was pretty much over. Justin got home, and we made crepes for dinner. Don't worry Megan I think I ate plenty for you too!! Tegan was SO excited to make the crepes. She started asking me early in the afternoon if we could make them. She asked me about every half hour for the rest of the day if it was time. She is too cute. After dinner we cleaned up, and then got the girls ready for bed. They were exhausted and went right to bed. I had gotten a cheesecake (my favorite), but after the crepes we decided we would wait for the cheesecake. After the girls went to bed I had to run up to the church to start setting up for the dinner tomorrow. I can't wait for that to be over so I can stop stressing about it.

3 comments:

Megan said...

You are not getting old... just wiser! I'm so glad that you had a good birthday! Thanks for eating some crepes in honor of me! Good luck tonight! I'm sure it will go wonderful and that you have been worrying for no reason! You always seem to pull off everything flawlessly... why should this be any different?!

Em said...

It looks like your Birthday was great, I really love the picture of you and the girls. Scout is getting pretty big.

Liz said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me!! I'm glad that you had a great day and enjoyed the time. Next year is the big one for both of us!!!