We had another BEAUTIFUL day today!! last year for Easter it dumped snow on us so I was so happy when we woke up and it was nice out.
I woke up this morning to Tegan saying, "ooh...look Scout." as she found their Easter baskets by the T.V. All day Tegan just kept saying "Thank You" for all of her Easter stuff, which wasn't much, a doll, and some candy, but it was nice to see that she appreciated it.
We had Stake Conference today which was really good. The girls were actually really good for us, and I was able to sit through the entire thing without having to take anyone out. After church we came home got some lunch and went down for naps. I even ended up taking one. I have just been exhausted since I got home from my parents. After my nap I had to make a salad and while I did that Justin did another Easter Egg hunt for the girls. This is something that my parent's always did for us, as far back as I can remember, and I want to do it for the girls. Obviously at their age we don't hide the eggs, but as they get older we will actually hide the eggs. It was so fun to watch them out the kitchen window getting all their eggs. Holidays are so much better with children!! After their little hunt we went over to Jamie's for dinner. The kids had a great time playing in the back yard and coloring eggs. Today was a good day, and we enjoyed the time that we spent together, and we enjoyed the weather. 
I am thankful for this time of year. I love how everything starts to blossom, and come alive again. It is a wonderful time to think about our Savior, his life, and resurrection. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father, and his Son Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the knowledge that he lives, and that in my time of need I can turn to him, and that he knows what I am going through. It is a great comfort to me that he knows me, and know personally the trials that I face. I hope everyone had a great Easter!







3 comments:
You're right--holidays are so fun with kids. It looks like you had a great Easter with your girls. It is wonderful that you have traditions with them!
Looks like a ton of fun, I can't get over the fact that Scout looks so much like you.
Happy Easter! It looks like you had a fun weekend.
Post a Comment