MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, May 4, 2009

Time Out For Women

As I said in my previous post I was able to attend Time Out For Women. I am so glad that i went. My friend said that when she went two years ago she left really inspired. I will say I didn't feel really inspired when I left, but it was really good. The speakers had some great things to say that I really needed to hear. It was nice to know that I am not alone, and that other women have struggled with the same things I have as a mother. They had some terrific speakers, and some great music.
Friday night Sister Kristen Oaks (Dallin H. Oaks wife) spoke. She was so cute, and fun to listen to. She said that this is probably the only TOFW that she would do. She said that she didn't know why she was here, but she felt like someone in the audience needed to hear what she had to say. I for one really needed to hear a couple of the things that she said. Anyway, she was a great speaker, and I was glad that I got to hear what she had to say. His daughter played a lot of the music that night. She is an amazing Violin player!

Saturday there were 4 speakers, and lots of good music in between the speakers. The first speaker was Deanne Flynn, she was so fun to listen to. She talked about Mom's who try to do it all, including putting their kids in every activity because they think that is what makes them good mom's. She talked about how we need to slow down, and destress our lives. She talked about how important it is to make time with our families the priority. Amoung all of this she also had funny stories to tell about her own life. She was just so much fun to listen to. I really loved everythings he had to say.

Hilary Weeks did some of the music on Friday night, but also did all of the music on Saturday. She was great to listen to. She has a a beautiful voice. Along with singing she also talked a little. She mostly shared personal stories, and her testimony. She was so fun to listen to. I thought it was great how she had a sense of humor about most things in her life. She was one of my favorites to listen to.

The second speaker that I loved was Kris Belcher. She was born with a rare form of eye cancer which eventually left her completely blind. Listening to her speak WAS inspiring because she was dealt a pretty difficult deck, and she had such an amazing outlook on life. She made you think about your life, and that no matter what you are given you can get through it, and no matter what your Heavenly Father will be there to help you along the way. She was also funny to listen to. She shared some pretty funny personal experience that she has had. She really was a great speaker, and I am glad that I got to listen to her.

The last speaker that I enjoyed was Kim Nelson. He too was funny, and fun to listen to. He talked about how we are usually harder on ourselves than we need to be. That we have a Heavenly Father that loves us, and will help us if we turn to him.

It was a great weekend, and I will definitley be going again. I left feeling like I got some answers to things, and it was so fun to get to spend sometime with friends,a nd also see some friends I hadn't seen in a long time.

2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

I have never heard of TOFW before. I'm assuming it is much like Women's Conference on that campus in Provo. ;) I just got back from there and my first complaint was why was Hilary Weeks only on stage for 20 minutes? In the past she has hosted the night concert and is incredible!! Like you said, she has that hilarious sense of humor, but then brings such a spirit into her music and stories.

Anyway, I'm so glad you were able to have that time out! It sounds like it was fantastic!

JNL said...

Amen Sister!