MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Chickens!

A friend of mine from church teaches 2nd grade, and tonight at YW she was telling me about the little Chickens that they had that hatched today in class. She had them at her house and asked if I wanted to bring the girls over to see them after YW. I thought the girls would really enjoy it, and so after YW I went home and got the girls. They were so excited to see the little chickens. I wasn't sure how Scout would do since she is afraid of pretty much every animal, but she went right over and wanted to hold one. She found a little black one that she really liked, and she was so excited she drooled on his head. After she drooled on him she freaked out and handed him back to Emily. She acted like the little chicken did something to her, but once she realized that it was okay she wanted him back. The girls didn't want to leave they thought the little chickens were so cute, and just wanted to hold them. The girls were really good with them, and only a couple of times I had to tell Scout to stop squeezing so hard. Scout was so funny, she kept saying, "he likes me, he likes me."
Scout with the black chicken

Tegan with her little chicken





4 comments:

Krith said...

Those pictures are too cute! What a fun thing for your girls!

Megan said...

Love the pictures! What a fun experience for the girls to have! Too bad chicks don't stay this cute forever... just like kittens! Looks like you all had a fun time!

PS. I did get my hair cut... my sister-in-law helped out with the boys... not sure if I'm a fan of the new look yet! Talk to you soon!

Em said...

That is so cool that they got to hold bby chickens how funny that Scott was so excited she drooled one one, LOL. The pictures are really cute.

Michael and Lindsey said...

What cute little chicks! Baby animals are the best. Your girls are the cutest.:)