The Tuesday before I left for my vacation I decided to start potty training Scout. I knew I was in for a lot of work especially since we were leaving to go camping. Who potty trains their kid while they are camping and can't wash clothes? Well, I do. I figured it was as good of a time as any so I went to the store and bought some plastic underwear and some underwear and got started. The first few days were hard, and I was really tempted to not do it while I was camping. I was frustrated at home, and I could only imagine that it would be worse once we left. Well, I stuck with it, and SHE WAS FULLY POTTY TRAINED by the time we returned home. The best thing I did was take her little potty with us. It was so nice to have it handy ALL the time, and I do mean ALL the time. If we traveled anywhere we took it with us so we wouldn't have to search for a bathroom. It was great because we spent a lot of time on it. Scout would go to the bathroom and then two seconds later she would say she had to go again. I often joked that I spent more time with Scout on the potty than I did doing anything else. So, I am so proud of my baby who doesn't appear to be my baby anymore. :( She is growing up so fast, and I am so proud of her, and the little girl she is becoming!!
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
YAY!! Good on you girly! Cade is showing no signs of wanting to be potty trained, it is going to be a long haul I think. I wanted to have him trained before I left for my holiday to Australia but the thought of it was way too daunting especially at the airport with an infant! You are courageous Carrie and it paid off it seems! Congrats to you and Miss Scout!!
So good to talk to you today! Thanks for all the laughs!!! You're the best! I meant to tell you and Scout congratulations on her major accomplishment of now being a big girl and potty trained! And that is such a cute picture of her! A future movie star?!
Yaa! That is so exciting! I am gearing up to start with Lauryn in a few months. I am sure Justin was happy! You did all the work!!
Yeah Scout!! Just think how much you will save on diapers and wipes.....
Post a Comment