Saturday we got invited to go boating with some friends of ours. I was really excited to go since I have never done anything like this before. I always thought it would be fun, but never had the opportunity. So when we got invited we were ready to have some fun.
Anyway, we left early yesterday and drove out to a lake about 45 minutes away. When we arrived we got things all set up, and got the boat in the water. The kids just played in the water while we got things ready. We put life jackets on the kids and let them go for it. Tegan was playing in the water, and I was watching her from the shore. She wasn't very far out...she could still touch the bottom. I asked if she could float, and she said yes. Well, she got out a little too far, and sure enough she floated, but it freaked her out. There she is floating on her back, me on the shore in my clothes panicking because I just pictured her floating out too far, and Justin not responding to my yelling. Thank goodness for Audra coming to the rescue. She just ran right in and saved my daughter!! In my defense, I would have ran in if I felt like she was really in danger, but she was floating on her back, and she really was fine. I just panicked, and didn't want her to get out to far. We all had a really good laugh at my expense, and then it was Annie's turn. Same thing happened to her little boy except he wasn't out as far, and he was floating on his face. We were standing there having our laugh at me and so Justin was still there and he ran in and rescued Blake.
I went out with the first group to ride on this spinning tube thing. I didn't want to ride it, but I wanted to watch everyone else do it. Justin took a turn, and did really well the first time, and then this is what happened the second time he rode it. Watch closely at the end of the video...it is funny. Just so you know he wasn't hurt.
Later we took out the tube. I wanted to try the tube because I figured it would be the best for me to do my first time. The first time Tegan rode with me and Jeanelle and her daughter. I was so worried about Tegan, and what I would do if we tipped so we didn't ride with her for very long. Once she was off my friend Jeanelle and I rode together. Clark was nice and didn't go too fast. He promised that he would not dump us off the tube, which I really appreciated. Finally, towards the end of our ride he sped up and turned and everyone on the boat said our eyes got really big and then we both screamed. It scared me a little, but it was a lot of fun!! After my turn we went back to shore because some of our friends were leaving. When I went to take my wet suit off we all got another really good laugh when I couldn't get it off. I was trying, and so Justin came over and started yanking on it. Everyone thought it was pretty funny, which it was. We eventually got it off thank goodness. For a minute I thought I might have to wear it to church today!! Later Justin went on the tube with Tegan and this is what happened to them. Again, this is pretty funny. Just a little note: she is not wearing a swimming suit, she wanted to wear her clothes!! She was a little freaked out, but she is now saying she wants to do it again!! Scout was a little more timid. She didn't like the boat going fast so for most of the day she stayed on shore. I did finally get her out with me, but she wouldn't let me let go of her. She also didn't want to go on a tube which was just fine with me. I don't know if I could have let her.
Scout and Daddy when we first arrived
All of us minus Tegan
helping with the flag
Scout...looking a little nervous
Justin and I having a great time
Our first ride on the tube
Tegan and Daddy
Our first experience on the lake was so wonderful. We all had a great time, and hopefully we will get to do it again. Thank you everyone for a really exciting day, and lots of laughs!!







3 comments:
Love it...love it! Thanks for telling the world I let my little boy float away face down!!! Whoever's reading this....I was "challenging" him!
Sounds like a fun family outing! I love how both girls are passed out at the end. I'm glad you got to have fun on the boat. They're great!!
Ha Ha! That was so much fun!! Those are some cute pictures! You'll have to come again sometime. Cute blog!!
Post a Comment