Our Halloween weekend Started out by going to dinner at McDonald's on Friday night with Justin's family. Jamie and Josh were moving so they wanted us to all get together one last time. After dinner we rushed home to change, and take the girls out to Justin's parent's house so that we could go to a Halloween party. The party was one of those murder mystery parties. I had never done one before, but it was actually pretty fun. We had a good time, and didn't get home until after midnight.
Saturday was very busy. Tegan had a Halloween party at her Sunday School Teacher's house in the morning. She had such a great time. They made a craft, ate lunch, and decorated cookies. While she was at her party I ran a couple of errands. While we were gone Justin raked up the leaves in the yard. The leaves in the back yard he left in a huge pile so the girls could play in it. Later in the day we headed over to Justin's parent's house and waited for everyone to arrive. Once everyone was there we left for the mall to do some trick or treating. I have to say that I didn't enjoy the mall as much as I did last year. For one, the weather was absolutely gorgeous so there was no reason to not be outside, and then it was a little too crowded for me. After we finished at the mall Justin and I took the girls to this neighborhood where some of our friends live. It was the perfect neighborhood to go trick or treating in. We parked and walked down one side, and then back up the other side. The girls were so cute to watch. They would run from house to house, and they did such a good job saying "trick or treat". We would get done with a house, and Scout would turn around and say " I want more!" and run to the next house. It was such a warm night out that they didn't need to wear jackets. I told Justin that I could have walked forever if the girls wouldn't have gotten tired. It was funny too because when we got to this neighborhood a lot of the people would just fill the girls baskets because they were almost done so they would just give them handfuls of candy. The girls thought that was great! After we trick or treated we headed back to Justin's parent's house to play games. We were there until 1:30. I was glad when Ryan called to remind us to set our clocks back because I kept thinking morning was going to come awfully early.
We really had a wonderful Halloween. My favorite part was being with the girls and Justin, and watching the girls trick or treat door to door. It just brought back memories from when I was a kid, and it was so fun to see my girls doing it now. They have never gone door to door before because I never felt like they were old enough, and the weather was never nice enough. But, this year was wonderful, and I want to remember them doing that forever because they were just too cute! I wish that I would have gotten more pictures from the day, and especially of them trick or treating, but I left the camera in the car. Most of the pictures are from the girls playing in the leaves that Justin raked.







1 comments:
What Pretty little Princesses!
Post a Comment