It has been a great week back after vacation if you don't count the below zero temperatures! This week has been all about getting back into some sort of a routine, and getting caught up on things that were neglected with us being gone for so long. Monday I had to volunteer at the girls school for Justin. He was supposed to do it the Wednesday before, but obviously couldn't so we had to switch with another lady, and since he had already taken so much time off I decided that I would take his day for him so he could get back to work. Monday I felt like I didn't get anything done because after school we just came home and watched movies, and stayed inside. Tuesday we stayed in all day too because Justin took my car to work. It was alright with me because I didn't want to take the girls out in that weather anyway. Wednesday finally came, and I was thrilled. For one I got to get out of the house, but then I also finally got to go take care of things that needed to get taken care of, and the best part was that the girls were going to be in school so I didn't have to worry about taking the girls out in the cold all morning while I ran errands. It was great and I was gone all morning running errands, Christmas shopping, and took a little break to go see Justin for lunch. Friday consisted of the same thing. I was supposed to volunteer at the school again for my day, but I switched with one of the other dads that couldn't do it on his day. So I got the morning to take care of some more Christmas stuff. After school I cleaned the house, and then we went to our ward Christmas party. The kids had tons of fun, and were wore out when we got home. When we got home Tegan asked if we could have "Family Night" (where we all get in our jammies, get blankets and camp out in the living room to watch a movie). She was so excited to have family night so we said sure, and she didn't even make it through the whole movie. A few minutes into it they were both asleep.
We put up our tree last Sunday, and the girls have been so excited for Christmas ever since. They ask everyday if they can just open one present. I have to be the mean mom and tell them no, but they don't argue too much so that is good. I love the holidays with little kids because they get so excited about everything. The girls and I have enjoyed watching Christmas movies, and just staying in where it is warm. It has been a good week. I hope everyone else had a good week as well!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment