The Christmas stuff is finally put away, and the house is put back together. I love the holidays, but it is nice to have them over too. I am ready for things to slow down a little. It seems like things have been crazy since Thanksgiving.
For New Years Eve we went to Justin's parent's house for the evening. We played rock band, and played some other games. The big hit was rock band though. Tegan was asleep before midnight, but Scout didn't go to bed until after midnight. We stayed and played rock band until 2:30. The girls got to stay the night with Grandma and Grandpa, and they helped her take her Christmas stuff down yesterday.
Well, another year is gone. It is really hard to believe because I feel like this year just started. I saw this on my friend Anna's blog, and thought it was a good way to sum things up. In 2009 Tegan turned 5, Scout turned 3. Justin and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary. Scout started her first year of Preschool. The girls and I took a week vacation to Yellowstone with my family. Justin took a few jeeping trips with the girls. We took our last trip to Denver Children's...hopefully we won't have to go back for the girls. Justin's Grandfather passed away. We had some sad times, and we had lots of happy times. We now say good-bye to 2009.
In 2010 I hope for continued health for my family. I hope for a little peace. I hope for a lot of happiness. I hope for faith, and strength to endure whatever this year holds for me and my family. I hope to be more humble, and seek the Lord in times of need. I hope to be a better mom, and example to my girls. I hope to be a better friend. I hope to be a better wife. I look back on this last year, and again it was tough, but we survived, we are stronger, and we are still hopeful.
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Another Year is Upon Us.
Posted by Carrie at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
very well said Carrie! Happy New Year....
Post a Comment