MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thought We Would Give Ourself A Haircut...

When Tegan is left to her own devises she sometimes gets into trouble, and today was one of those days. I was downstairs, and when I came back up she had the garbage out of the bathroom, and was giving her lion a little haircut. I was a little frustrated, but I didn't get too upset with her. Well, we went through the rest of our day, and after dinner Justin was putting the girls in the bath. He yells at me to come into the bathroom, and I was shocked to see that Tegan had cut the end of her braid off. I was surprised that I didn't even notice it during the day. I was really mad at her for cutting her hair. We have talked about this time and time again. Why is she not getting it? Well, Justin asked her why she did it, and she started crying and said that she really needed a haircut. I felt bad because a while back I told her that she needed a haircut (her hair was getting REALLY long), and then a couple times recently she has asked me to take her to get her hair cut. I just haven't done it yet so I guess she thought she would take matters into her own hands. It was frustrating, but I have to be thankful that it was just off the ends, and easily fixable.
Here is a picture of they Lyon that she gave a haircut. She didn't quite get all the way finished when I showed up to stop her.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, so sad that Tegan cut the end of her braid off, but glad it is an easy fix! And maybe we should just all embrace her hair cutting desires... maybe she will be a famous hair dresser someday (think of all the money you would save on getting your hair done in the future)! ;) Hope this will be the last of her experimental hair cutting (fingers crossed)!

Kaysi said...

At least it wasn't her hair. I used to do that to all my little ponies and barbies :)