MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quick Trip To Laramie...

We went to Laramie this weekend to see my family, and to go to Cheyenne to pick up some furniture for my Father-in-law. Like I said before we had planned to go last weekend, but I am glad that we ended up going this weekend because the weather was better, and no one was sick this weekend. We left Thursday afternoon. On Friday Justin and my dad went to Cheyenne to pick up the furniture while I stayed to visit with my Grandma. My mom had to work all day Friday so I took the girls to her office to visit for a little bit before heading over to my sisters for awhile to visit her. Saturday my mom and dad gave Tegan and Scout their Easter baskets. We had a little Easter with them since we missed it last weekend. They got an outfit, some candy, pajamas, and some cards. The girls LOVED it all. Saturday was pretty much spent hanging out with family, and preparing our Easter dinner.
The kids making necklaces
Easter Basket time!
Loving the cotton candy for breakfast!
having fun in the dirt!
Playing a game with Grandma
Hanging out with Grandpa
Ready for our LOOOONG car trip
The load of furniture we were pulling
It was such a fun weekend, and I enjoyed spending it with my family. I was so excited to go and finally see my parents kitchen as well. My parents started building our house the day that I started my Sophomore year in High School. They have slowly worked on it as time and money allowed. My parent's finished the basement first, and we all lived in the basement first. When Justin and I moved in a few years back my parent's moved upstairs, and gave us the finished basement. My parent's moved upstairs and didn't even have a finished kitchen. My mom got an old sick and put it in, and used old tables to put all of her kitchen stuff on. I always felt so bad, but my mom never acted like she minded. My mom is very simple, and doesn't require a lot to be happy, something I admire about her. Anyway, FINALLY, after years of waiting my mom got her kitchen finished. I am so happy for her, and I am happy that she got to design it and get what she wanted.





I am also glad that I got to visit with my Grandma a little bit too. Scout has had a runny nose and we talked about how we can't get Grandma Nickelson sick because she is getting older, and it wouldn't be good if we got her sick. Well, after we get their Scout comes up to me, and says, "I want to give Grandma a hug, not a kiss, just a hug." I thought it was so cute that she didn't want to get her sick. Scout is on an antibiotic so she is no longer contagious, but I love how she was wanting to be careful not to get Grandma sick. So I took Scout into my Grandma's room, and Scout told her she wanted to give her a hug...It made my Grandma's Day. While we were there we decided to get some pictures of the 4 generations. I am glad that we did this.

8 comments:

allison said...

I'm loving your mom's kitchen, it's beautiful! Glad you had a fun trip!

Alicia Steere said...

What a fun little vacation! :) I LOVE their kitchen, so pretty!!! Makes me want a house someday! So yeah, we were wondering where you were yesterday, but then seeing this you are excused! LOL J/K

Anna Beal said...

The kitchen looks amazing! I'm so glad you got to visit your family. That is always so nice. LOOOved SCout's hair!!

Carrie said...

Anna, isn't Scout's hair crazy!:) Now you see why I always have it done because it is out of control!

Megan said...

You are going to treasure your 4 generation pictures... truly priceless! I also love your mom's new kitchen... I remember it in it's "building" phase! It is so beautiful and definitely worth the wait! Glad you had a fun trip and are back home safe! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm glad that you're back though. Your mother's kitchen is beautiful. I guess the wait was worth it.

Gina said...

I am so jealous of your mom's kitchen. It is beautiful!

I miss Laramie...I hope you guys have a great time!

Jessica Y. said...

I am in LOVE with scouts morning hair!! It just puts a smile on my face!! You have such cute girls!