Tonight was Tegan's first soccer game. The girls on Justin's team have never played soccer before. They are little kindergartners, and they are so cute. They have had 3 practises but never been on a soccer field. Before the game Justin took them around the field to show it to them. The beginning of the game was a little rough because the girls had no idea that when the ball went out of bounds they had to stop the game. They all caught on really quickly, and did really well. We lost, but that is okay. When the kids are this young it is more for fun, and to just learn a new skill. I was a little disappointed to hear that one of the girls on the other team was calling the girls on our team names, and calling them losers. Tegan was pretty upset about that on the way home. It is sad to me that little kindergartners treat each other like that. Anyway, hopefully we won't have to deal with that too much.
Tegan was so funny because when it was her turn to be on the field she spent a lot of time jumping around, and running in circles. She had me laughing so hard. She would get to talking and miss the ball sometimes...so funny. I am really proud of her...she did a great job!
Justin helping Tegan with her shoes, and shin guards
Justin talking to the girls
The girls warming up
Scout and Landon wanted to get in on the action. They didn't like that they couldn't play.
Tegan talking instead of paying attention
Tegan jumping up and down. She is in the middle with her hands in the air!:)
Just a couple of videos. I wish I could have gotten more but the camera battery died.







1 comments:
Oh, to cute! I remember playing soccer when I was Tegan's age! I was just about as "focused" as Tegan was! I only played one season but at least I remember how much fun I had too! In fact, my dad was also my coach! Hopefully Tegan will stick with it for longer than one season! Good luck in your next game!
Post a Comment