So Sunday when we got out of church it had started raining and in the distance we saw terrible weather headed our way. No way did we think a tornado would follow when we got home. Luckily we weren't anywhere near where the tornado hit. When had just gotten home, and everyone was getting changed from church, and I was in the kitchen cutting up vegetables to take to my inlaws house for Father's Day dinner when the siren goes off. I looked at Justin and asked if that was a tornado siren, and he said yes. Well, since we had just got home we had no idea what was going on. We turned on the t.v. but that didn't tell us anything either so instead of doing what we should of done and gone to the basement I continue to cut veggies, and Justin goes outside in the street to watch. :) He said he could see the sky just spinning, but didn't seem alarmed so I wasn't either. We finished getting ready, and by the time we were ready to leave the rain was coming down in bucket fulls and it was hailing. The streets were filling up with water fast, and I was a little worried about leaving the house in case the water levels kept rising, but we went anyway. When we got out the Justin's parent's house the weather was fine, but they told us that a tornado had hit. Ryan and Lindsey were in the middle of all the craziness, and it took them quite a while to make it over for dinner. We are glad everyone was safe, and no one we know suffered any major damage.
Here are some pictures that I took the next night.







2 comments:
Wow...I'm glad you guys are okay. My aunt was in town visiting when it hit. She called and told me she was okay and what had happened. I did worry about you guys until I heard no one was injured. Scary!!
WOW! That is crazy! I'm so glad that you guys are fine!
Post a Comment