MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ready For Preschool...

Today was Scout's first day of preschool, and she was so excited she could hardly stand it. I went to wake up Tegan for school this morning, and Scout, who sleeps through this process every morning, wakes up and says, "is it time for me to go to school too?" She jumped right out of bed and started getting ready. We got her all ready and after some pictures it was time to go. Before we left she asked me if I was going to cry like I did with Tegan. It made me feel kind of bad because actually I was excited for her to start school because I was ready for our lives to get back to normal. So I told her that I probably wouldn't because I love her school, and I know she loves it, but I would miss her like crazy. She seemed to be okay with that. When we got inside she put all of her stuff away where it went, and then we headed into her class. She sat right down and got to work coloring a picture. She seemed so comfortable, and happy so I was happy!:) After I dropped her off I wasn't sure what to do with myself, but I found ways to keep busy. It feels great to be back on a normal schedule again. I missed that all summer long...I need structure. After I picked up Scout she asked "so mom, how was your day?" It was very cute!

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a sweetheart! Her hair looked adorable (as always)! Glad she is happy to be back in school, and for you to be back on a schedule! Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Talk to you next week for my update!

Kaysi said...

That is so cute!! Glad that she liked!

allison said...

what a big girl, I can't believe she's that old already! What a cutie.