Today Scout turned 4! I can't believe my baby turned 4. She has been asking for weeks when her birthday is, and the last couple of days when she wakes up she comes finds me and asks if it is her birthday. Each day I had to disappoint her, and tell her no. This morning she comes running out of her room, brushes the hair out of her face, and says, "Is TODAY my birthday?" I told her YES, and she got the BIGGEST smile on her face. Things started out a little crazy when my hair straightener stopped working. Luckily I have a warranty on it, but I thought the store didn't open till 9 so I waited around for an hour when I could have gone at 8 and taken care of it....sigh. On top of that I had to return it with half of my hair straight, and the other half still curly...not my best look, but I didn't care. Anyway after that was taken care of we finished getting ready, and then went to run a couple of errands. We met everyone at Taco bell (Scout's request) for lunch, and then Justin and I took Scout to build-a-bear to do her bear. She picked a kitty, and a cute little pink dress.
When we were done we headed home so that I could finish picking up the house, and get her cake made, and then make the crepes ahead of time. I got it all done with time to spare, I was pretty proud. Tonight was Temple Night for the Yates so I told Jessica to still bring her kids to hang out for the birthday. It was fun to have them. Then we had the rest of the family, and Ashlie over. Everyone got here, and we were ready to eat. After we ate crepes we opened presents, then we ate cake and ice cream. THANK YOU, to everyone that called, sent cards, and gave presents. Scout was really spoiled today, and I believe she had a wonderful day. We Love her so much, and are thankful everyday that she was sent to our family! She is an amazing little girl, and such a light in our life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY baby girl!







2 comments:
Happy Birthday Scout! What a sweet little girl! Oh, and I'm sorry your straightener quit on you, that would be awful for me as well:)
So glad she (and you) had a fun day! I love her little Kitty! She looks so happy to have her... I think the stuffing would pop out if she squeezed it any tighter! Congratulations on surviving your birthday madness season again until next year!;)
Post a Comment