MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Rest Of Our Halloween Festivities...

We have had a very eventful weekend. I feel like I didn't have a weekend, and I could really use one right about now to get caught up on everything that I didn't get to do because we were so busy this weekend.

Scout got to dress up for her preschool Halloween party. She decided that she didn't want to be the unicorn anymore, she wanted to be a pirate. So, she dressed up as a pirate for school, and the rest of the weekend. She had a great time at school on Friday, and she must have been wore out because she came home at 1:30 and slept until about 5:30 when we left to go to Justin's parents house for the evening. I decided to just let her sleep since she is getting over being sick, and we were probably going to be up late. I didn't want her to be grouchy. I made chili, and we headed over to Max and Julie's for dinner and pumpkin carving. I have to say, I don't really enjoy carving pumpkins, but I know it is part of it so I helped the girls clean out their pumpkins and get them ready to carve. We stayed with easy things this year so that we weren't carving pumpkins forever. They turned out really cute, and the girls had a lot of fun!
My cute little Pirate!
Scout cleaning out her pumpkin
Our little family!
Tegan cleaning out her pumpkin
All the pumpkins...Justin's, Scout's, Tegan's, Ryan's, Julie's, and Lindsey's

Saturday we went to the zoo to do a little trick or treating. Justin's dad was out there handing out candy so once we were done walking around we went and helped him hand out candy. We had a good time. We ran into our friends the Steeres, and were able to walk around with them. It was fun to be able to hang out with them for a little while. After the Zoo we headed to Max and Julie's trunk or treat. It was fun to see some of our friends, especially the Yates! After trunk or treating they had games, and donuts. Of course the girls wanted to play all the games. It was fun for them, but nerve racking for me. There were so many people and it was just crazy, but the most important part was that the girls had tons of fun. When we were done we went to Max and Julie's for dinner and a movie.
Tegan, Scout, and Shelby getting a ride

Tegan eating her donut off a string

Landon and Scout giving it a try...love these pictures!

Landon decided it was easier to just use his hands...HAHA!

Today we went to church, and then after Justin and I talked about it we decided we would go ahead and let the girls trick or treat. We met Ryan and Lindsey and it was the perfect night to go. The weather was great, and for awhile the girls were running around without their coats. It did drizzle a little, but nothing too bad. The kids got lots of candy, it was a fun evening! Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Kaysi said...

Cute costumes!!! I'm with you, I really don't like to carve pumpkins but do it anyways because I know the kids love it :)

Megan said...

That is a busy weekend! I think we all need a few days to recover after every holiday! I love Scout's pirate costume! And Tegan was as cute as ever! Glad you had a fun filled weekend all together! With all the trick or treating you guys did I bet you're set up for at least the next few months for all your candy cravings! ;) Glad it was a fun Halloween!

Jamie said...

THOSE are the not so glam pumpkins... I'm so ashamed of ours then! Btw, apparently JoAnns has a carving set with a bendable knife that makes carving a "dream." We went to the zoo on Sat. too- too bad it wasn't the same one;)