MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

WARNING: pretty much every picture I took during Thanksgiving was of my little niece Ruthie! This was the first time meeting her, and who knows when I will see her again since they live in Pittsburgh, so I took as many pictures as I could. I pretty much didn't get pictures of anything else! And, for some reason in most of the pictures we are all in our pj's.


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We spent it with my family in Laramie. I was especially excited to go this year because my brother was going to be there with his family, and I was going to get to meet my little niece Ruthie for the first time! I was a little bummed when we couldn't leave on Tuesday like I had planned, but we got up at 4, and left at 5:30 in the morning on Wednesday. We got to Laramie about 1:00, and spent the rest of the day just relaxing. We didn't go anywhere or do anything and the girls spent the entire day in their pajamas...oh well! We had great weather, and it was so good to be there and see everyone. My little niece is seriously the CUTEST! She is such a good little girl, and I just wanted to squish her the entire time, but I refrained since I didn't want to scare her...haha! I can't even describe was a sweet little girl she is. She wasn't all that outgoing since she was in a new place, but she let anyone hold her, and never objected. When she did get sad she got this sad little look on her face, and a couple times I thought I was going to cry because she looked so sad. She is a thumb sucker and it is seriously so cute! It was fun to see my brother for the first time as a dad...not at all how I expected. He adores Ruthie, and she is a total daddy's girl.


Scout wanted to "hold" Ruthie all the time. The funny thing was that Ruthie was almost as big as she was!

Seriously the cutest little thumb sucker!


So stinkin' cute
The girl cousins...Tegan, Ruthie, Paiglee, and Scout.
Just want to squish her!
My sister in law, Emily, wanted me to do Ruthie's hair. She was such a good girl, and sat so still for me.

Calvin and Ruthie

Like I said Wednesday we just hung out at home, and visited with everyone. Thursday was Thanksgiving, and we spent the day cooking and hanging out. We had a great Thanksgiving meal! After dinner we hung out and played the Wii, and rock band. At 11:00 my sister's and I headed to walmart to take part in the madness at 12:00. At about 2:00 Allison took Emily home so she could go to bed, and then came back and sat with me until 5:00. It was a fun evening. I ran into some friends that I got to visit with for a minute. The funniest part was the lady handing out donuts, 5 hour energy shots, gum, and granola bars to the customers. I thought things were pretty organized, and went very smoothly. I got what I wanted and we were out of the store at 5:08 a.m. While I was in line my sister in laws from Utah text me pictures of their evening out. It was fun to see what they were doing since I wasn't with them this year. I was also keeping in contact with Jessica because she was nice enough to get some stuff for me from Target. I ended up calling my sister in law, Jenna, so she could get me something I needed at Kohls, and I got some stuff for Jessica...team work people! It was a successful night considering I had people in different states helping me out since I was stuck in Laramie with just a Walmart! After we got our stuff we headed home, and I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I did great I made it the whole day without taking a nap.

The worst part of our trip was all the sickness. First Ruthie had the flu, then Duran got an ear infection, Tegan got an ear infection, then Allison got the flu, then my mom got the flu, not only did my mom get the flu, but she passed out on Saturday night and ended up being taken by ambulance to the ER. She ended up coming home that night, but they are concerned about her heart so they are doing some tests. When we went in to tell my Grandma what was going on with my mom we found out that she had gotten the flu. She said she could see the flashing lights from the ambulance and thought she should go see what was going on. She told my mom later that she thought the house was on fire, but was too sick to care, and figured if it was we would go get her. Poor grandma got it the worst. Then Tegan complained the whole way home of her stomach hurting, but she never threw up so I was relieved. By the time my Grandma got it I was ready to head home, and get away from all the sickness.

We headed home Sunday after we knew my mom was going to be okay. We felt comfortable enough leaving and we headed out. We ran into some bad weather, but we made it home safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you're right Ruthie is so stinkin cute. I love her eyes. So glad you got to go home and see your family and have fun with them. You really do know how to shop Carrie. I don't think I could wait that long for toys or any gift. OY Sorry to hear everyone got sick. I hope your Mom and Grandma are better. Good to hear from you. I love reading your posts. :)

The Gardner Family said...

What a fun post! I'm so sorry everyone was sick! We were in Laramie too and I'm so sad that I didn't think to do the teamwork black Friday! I almost went to Target in Cheyenne, but decided to stay in bed! Way to go!

Somehow I missed the post before this! Carrie, really your posts touch my heart so much!! Like Megan said, you are saying everything many of us Mom's are thinking....I just don't know how to say it as perfectly or eloquently as you do!

You are doing amazing things! How exciting for Justin and for your family! I am thankful everyday to be so close to so many temples! Keep up the good work! You have a beautiful family! :)