MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Grandpa Graham...

Last Sunday after church we got a call from Justin's parents saying that his Grandpa Graham wasn't doing well, and probably wouldn't make it through the night. Justin wanted to leave Sunday, but we just couldn't get ready in time so we packed and got all ready, and then left on Monday with his brother. We drove all day on Monday, and got to Provo sometime around midnight or so. I describe that trip like we were on a treadmill. It felt like we were driving, and driving, but not going anywhere. It seriously seemed to take forever, and every time we talked to someone in the family it seemed like we still had hours to go until we reached our destination. It was nice to finally be there, and be able to go to bed...we were exhausted. Monday morning Justin, and Ryan got up really early, and headed to the hospital to spend some time with Grandpa before other people arrived. The girls, and I got ready, and when everyone was ready we headed up to the hospital too. We spent a good portion of the day there with Grandpa. He was able to talk a little, and we each got some time to visit with him.

In Grandpa's room...the kids were staying busy coloring pictures

I thought this was a priceless picture...that is Justin and Tegan holding Grandpa Grahams hand. For not really knowing Grandpa Graham she wasn't scared at all she wanted to get right in there and give him a hug and talk to him. She sat right by his side, and held his hand. The kids also stood by his bed and sang 'I am a child of God' to him. I got part of it on video...I wish I had the whole thing.

Scout, Kayli, and Landon waiting patiently in the waiting room

Madi, and Tegan keeping themselves busy playing video games

Jamie's basement is unfinished so she put up tents for some of us to sleep in. It gave us some privacy, and a place of our own to keep our stuff. Here are the girls in our tent...

LOVE THESE GIRLS MORE THAN ANYTHING!:)

Scout, Kayli, and Landon playing in our tent

Tuesday and Wednesday Justin had stayed at the hospital with his grandpa. The girls and I hung out at Jamie's all day while Justin was at the hospital. I was experiencing some vertigo so I was not feeling real well so we spent a good portion of the afternoon on Wednesday resting. When Justin did get home we hung out with him for awhile before he headed back up to stay at the hospital with his grandpa.

Thursday morning I was supposed to meet Megan and the boys at Jump On It, but my phone had died during the night, and my alarm didn't go off. So we made different plans and we met at McDonald's to have lunch and let the kids play. We spent about 4 hours with them that afternoon. It was so wonderful to spend the afternoon with them. It is always so wonderful to see Megan, I miss her so much. I consider myself so lucky to know her, and to have such an amazing friend that is always there, and that accepts me for me. I love Megan and her little family, and I love that I can see them whenever we head to Utah! Thanks Megan for everything!:)

When we were done playing Justin picked us up, and we went back to Jamie's. Thursday evening Justin's grandpa passed away. He was finally able to let go, and as sad as it was, he is in a better place. He left behind an amazing legacy. Grandma and Grandpa Graham raised 9 kids, they have 55 grand kids, and 69 great grand children. He was never alone during his time in the hospital. He always had someone with him. Justin was able to spend some good time visiting with him before he passed. He spent all night Tuesday and Wednesday night with him, and he said that they had some really good talks.
Later we went to Jump on it so the kids could get out of the house and burn off some energy. They sure had a good time, and they were exhausted when we were done.


Friday I went shopping with Jamie, Lindsey, and Julie in the morning and then later that night Justin, and his brothers, Alisa, cousin Josh, brother in law Josh, and I am not sure who else got to go to the Jazz game. They didn't have very good seats, but they had a great time!

Saturday Justin, and I met Nick and Megan for Lunch at this place called Rubio's for some fish taco's. Megan told me about this place one of the last times I visited her. I can always trust Megan's taste in food, and as always it was delicious! We had a wonderful visit, and I was so glad I got to see her one last time before we left Utah.

Sunday Jamie's new baby was being blessed so we headed to church, and then back to her house for lunch, and to visit with some family before heading home.


Trying to get a good picture of all the kids...LOL!



Justin, and his little buddy, Parker. Whenever Justin was around this little guy was right there wanting to be held by him. Justin would put him down, and move to another part of the house, and Parker would find him, and be at his feet. It was quite funny! Justin is holding his new nephew, Kaden

We left Utah at 2:30 in the afternoon, and didn't get home until 4:00 in the morning. It was a LOO0NNG drive home. We ran into some bad weather, and that caused us to slow down quite a bit. By the time I got to bed it was a little before five. I had set my alarm to wake up at 7 to get Tegan to school, but I missed the alarm, and she was about 30 minutes late for school, but she wasn't going to let me not take her. She was so excited to get back to school. She was even more excited when she got home, and showed me that her teacher had saved her some of the 100 day snack from their 100 day party that she missed. It was really nice of her teacher to think of her!


It was nice to be home, but a little overwhelming with everything that I needed to get done. I had to get a lot done on Monday because I have the boys the rest of the week. It is always more work coming home from vacation because of everything that has to be done. It might take awhile to recover, and get back on track. We have been enjoying getting back into our routine, and the girls are so happy to be back at school with their friends.

3 comments:

Nick and Megan Wilson said...

Hey, I just want you to know that I think I'm the lucky one to have you as a friend! You are the best! I'm glad we were able to spend some time together as well... it's never long enough though! I'm glad you were able to make it home safe and are getting back into your routine! The boys have been praying for Scout and Tegan in their evening prayers all week! We love you guys so much and are looking forward to the next time we can get together! I'm hoping it will be at Buffalo Wild Wings in Billings in April!!!! :)

Alicia Steere said...

I am bawling! The picture of their hands made me cry! When Shelby was born I wasted NO TIME and headed up to Wyoming to get a 5 generation picture taken with Shelby's Great, Great Grandma. (thankfully we still had her for 5 more years!) Well, we made it a point to get a picture of all of our hands too. I cherish that picture!!! I am sorry for your loss, it is hard, but thankfully with the Gospel it makes it a little easier.

Cami said...

what a great post. It was so fun seeing you guys and not just looking at pics through your blog;) james really had a great time with justin, wish we could have visited more. keep in touch!!!