This year for my birthday Justin tried hard to do something special, but nothing worked out. Last summer he got a credit voucher for flying stand by, and he thought about maybe using that and going somewhere for a couple days, but it was so last minute that the prices to fly were outrageous. I found out that my friend Jessica had called Justin in January to talk to him about my birthday. I thought that was sweet that she thought about me 2 months before my birthday. She just wanted to let Justin know that she would watch the kids so we could do something. Well, she ended up having sick kiddos the week before and the week of my birthday so we felt bad dumping our kids on her, and to top it off her husband was out of town so we decided that we would just keep my birthday low key, and not worry about it. It was so nice of her to offer, and I love that she was trying to help make my day special for me.
Justin made crepes at 12:00 the night before so that we could have them for breakfast on my birthday. After breakfast we got the girls off to school, and then Justin and I went shopping...kind of. Shopping would consist of actually buying something which I did not do. Why is it that when I am not actually looking or needing anything I can find all sorts of things I want, but when I am actually looking I don't find a thing I need?!? After our unsuccessful shopping trip we grabbed some lunch at Qdoba, and then went and picked up the girls. That evening we went to dinner with all of Justin's family at Outback. After dinner we went to Max and Julie's for cake and ice cream, and to watch a movie. I had a good day, and I really appreciated all the birthday wishes, thoughts, and gifts I received on my birthday!







1 comments:
So glad you had a fun day, even if it wasn't the adventurous get-away you two had hoped for! Maybe by this time next year you two can come visit us (where ever that will be) for your "get away"!
Post a Comment