I am going to do the proud parent thing for a minute so just be warned that this post is about how proud of Tegan we are. Mainly, I want to remember this so I want to write it down, and since this is like my journal this is where it is going to be put.
It says, " I like jeeps because they are awesome, and fun. My jeep is on the mountains." Tegan
She was so impressed with this because she said most kindergartners are not making sentences like that yet that are so explanatory. She said that it is great that she is writing like that.She says that Tegan works hard, and pays attention to detail. She is also really proud of her as far as her thinking and reasoning. She asked the kids in class to make a simple pattern and a more complex pattern, and she said Tegan made a complex pattern both times. She said that Tegan is very kind and compassionate towards the other kids, and that she is very well liked. There is one girl in the class with some developmental disabilities, and she said Tegan is very kind and understanding of her. Tegan has told me a little about her, and one day she said, "she just doesn't understand mom, but that is okay." It warmed my heart to hear that she is so kind and caring towards the other kids. This is something we have tried hard to instill in her. Everyday before she leaves we always tell her the same thing, "Have a good day, and be nice to everyone." Not that she isn't, but we want to make sure she knows that it is important. As much as I didn't want her in this school I tried not to let her know that or my reasons for it. Has I have mentioned before I didn't really want Tegan to go to this school because of the area it is in. I was concerned for many reasons, but overall, it has been a great year for her, and the teachers, and principal are great. Her teacher has really been wonderful for her. Her teacher is going to recommend that Tegan be put in a regular 1st grade class instead of a kindergarten/1st grade split. She feels like the split class would not be a good fit for her since she is so ready to move on, and learn new things. After speaking with her Justin and I agree with her. Her teacher is going to recommend 2 teachers for Tegan, and she is even considering moving up to first grade and if she does that she will just take the whole class with her. She isn't sure she wants to do that, but it is an option.
Since this conference I have been trying to read more with Tegan. Last night she read Green Eggs, and Ham to us before bed. I was so proud of her! I just sat there, and couldn't believe that my baby is already reading books to me. Sounds silly I know, but I am amazed with how fast she is growing up, and I am just in awe of all of the different stages that the girls go through. I love watching them learn new things!
To kind of celebrate how well both the girls are doing in school, and just because I didn't get to go there for my birthday we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner that night. It was delicious, and we won't be waiting so long to go there again!:) After dinner we came home and watched Megamind. It was cute, and the girls enjoyed it.
Tegan also started soccer again on Friday. Justin is her coach, and Scout is the "assistant coach." Scout likes feeling like she gets to join in. Tegan has a great little team this year, and we are hoping with having a year under her belt she will be ready to go this year. She starts her games next week, and I am excited to see how she does.







0 comments:
Post a Comment