MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, August 27, 2011

First Day Of 1st Grade...


Wednesday was the first day of School for Tegan. I didn't have as much anxiety about her going to school this year so I was ready for her to go back. I so enjoyed the summer with the girls, and up until the girls started getting their tonsils out we were constantly busy doing fun things. Once the girls got their tonsils out, and it took them each a couple weeks to recover, which meant staying home, and doing nothing, I was ready for a break. I was ready to get back to a routine, and for the girls to be busy again so that the fighting would stop a little. Tegan was ready too. She has been so excited to go back to school. She has been so excited about being a first grader. Tegan has been so cute because she has kept in contact with her Kindergarten teacher. She LOVED her, and would write her and color her pictures. She loved when her teacher would write back. Part of the reason it wasn't so hard to send Tegan to school this year is that I found out that a couple of friends with little girls would be there this year. They are a year yonger, but they are friends from church that Tegan loves to play with. We also reconnected with a little boy that Tegan went to preschool with her first year here. This has really made it easier for me.


So on Wednesday morning at 4 in the morning I was woke up to Tegan in her room yelling, "MOM, MOM." I went in there, and she told me that she couldn't sleep. She came into my room one more time before I got out of bed at 6. She wouldn't admit it, but I think she couldn't sleep because of nerves, and excitement. She came down with me while I ran on the treadmill, and then we got her all ready. On the way to school I asked her if she was nervous, she told me that she wasn't, she said she was excited. I went and lined up with her, and then walked inside, and made sure she found her desk okay. Then I kissed her good-bye, and left. I didn't really get to talk to much to her after I picked her up because she went to her little friend Taylie's house to play. When she got home she told me she LOVES first grade, and she had so much fun. I am so glad that she loves school, and that she loves learning. I hope she has a wonderful year, and learns lots!:) After I dropped Tegan off, I came home and got Scout, and we met my friend Jessica for cinnamon rolls. We did that last year when I was bawling my eyes out, and we just decided that it would be a new tradition for us. We had a great visit, and it was a great way to start of the school year.

My little 1st Grader:)





Tegan at her desk!



This is Scout, Taylie, Reese, and Tegan after school...sorry it isn't a great picture


This is what Scout did while Tegan was at School. She was so cute because it wasn't even 10 yet, and she was asking when we were going to go pick up Tegan. She sure did miss her that first day.


0 comments: