MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Our new home, and some of my thoughts...

So it is final....we closed on our house, and here it is.





I have decided to stay and let the girls finish school so I won't be going anywhere just yet.Having the house makes it real that we are leaving, and it is something that I am having a harder time with than I thought. I have been thinking a lot about when we moved to Billings. When we moved here, Scout was 15 months old and Tegan was 3. They are now 7 and 5! We have lived in the same house the whole time we lived here, and although it feels at times that the walls are closing in on me, I will miss it. I LOVE our ward here. I have never been in a ward like this one before, and I will truly miss it.There aren't a lot of young couples in our ward, but I love the friendliness of the ward and the fact that everyone is genuinely nice to everyone else. Moving here has allowed me to make some wonderful friends. Friends that I will keep for the rest of my life. Friends, that seem more like family than just friends. I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life that have been so wonderful, and supportive of me. One BIG thing that I am going to miss is getting to attend the Temple monthly. That is something that Justin and I started when we first moved here. We felt strongly that we needed to do this because it would be silly not to with it being in the same town. Before it was a 3 hour drive, and although that isn't long we didn't go as often as we should of. So since moving here that has been a big part of my life, and I will miss it so much.

I don't allow myself to think to much about the move because I already cry about it. I know that the time will come when it is time to leave, and I will try to embrace it, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it right now. I know a lot of it is because this is what is familiar, and familiar is comfortable, but as much as I never thought that Billings would be home forever, I didn't really see us saying good-bye so soon. I just want to enjoy my time here for the next couple of months, and be able to spend time with my friends, and the people that I care about.

Because I knew we were closing on our house the 22nd of March, I turned in our 30 day notice at the beginning of March. That means that I spent all of March packing, and preparing to move. Justin came home the end of March to load our stuff in the Uhaul, and then I moved me and the girls in with my inlaws. We will be staying with them until we leave in June. We are excited to spend some time with them before we leave, and hopefully the girls can create some wonderful memories with them before we leave. Things have been incredibly stressful, and busy, and I am looking forward to things slowing down a bit.

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

what a cute house and an exciting new chapter in your lives. I am super excited for you and although I know you will miss billings I hope the time goes quickly so you can all be together in north dakota again. All the best Carrie!