First of all, I am trying to get caught up on my blogging so be sure to keep reading down because I have done a few new posts.
Justin came home to Billings on Friday, June 1st to get the girls and I for our move. I have known about this move for Eight months, but yet it didn't feel like I was ready or had enough time to say goodbye. I spent the last week saying goodbye to friends that I will never forget.
It was hard to say goodbye to Billings. Billings was such a blessing to our family in so many ways. When we moved there we started attending the Temple every month. What a HUGE blessing this was for us, and something that I looked forward to every month. We had a wonderful ward that we got to be a part of, and we had callings that allowed us to grow in the gospel. This ward was certainly like family to us, and we will never forget the wonderful people that we met there. And, although we had some challenges while living in Billings Justin and I grew so much as a couple. Along with this, Billings offered us so many other things. Their was always something going on, we were close to shopping, and lots of restaurants, and so many other fun things.
We will miss all of this stuff, but we understand that Heavenly Father has a plan for our family, and for some reason that plan has taken us away from Billings. We are excited about our future, and look back at the last 8 months, and realize the wonderful things that this change has allowed us to do. We realize that this is where we are supposed to be, and because we went forward with faith, we see the blessings for our family.
Before we left Billings we had dinner with our good friends on Friday night. We got a sitter for the kids, and the adults went to dinner, and then we went back to their house and played games and had dessert. It was hard to finally say goodbye, and there were LOTS of tears from everyone. The next day Jessica sent me a text with a picture that Tegan had drawn and left for her girls...it made me so sad.:(
Saturday morning we got up and went to breakfast with Justin's parents, Brad, Ryan and Lindsey, and the boys. After breakfast we went to start loading up our stuff, and realized there was not way we were gonna be able to leave that day, there was just too much to get done. We decided to just take our time and then leave on Sunday. It was fine because it gave us more time to spend with the family. That night we just ordered some pizza and watched movies. Sunday we woke up and finished getting ready then we headed out. We got a couple of hour away, and I realized I had lost my debit card at the gas station in Billings. Not the best way to start our trip, but Justin's brother was able to go and get it for me, and his mom sent it to me the next day. It was a really long drive because we couldn't drive over 65 so when we got here it was nice to be done driving. We are just trying to adjust to our new home, and get settled in.
Pictures of the family that we took after breakfast
We are an hour ahead of Billings, and the girls and I are still trying to get adjusted, but when we first got here we were all thrown off. The first night here we were unloading the car, and the girls were playing, and the next thing I knew I looked at the clock and it was 10:00 pm. I was shocked because it was still light outside. I think it is going to take us awhile to get used to this. It is hard to get the girls into bed when it is still so light outside so we have all been staying up a lot later than normal. Hopefully we will be able to get into some sort of routine soon.














1 comments:
It was so nice to see how your family is doing, and your projects turned out so beautiful!!! I bet they took alot of work, but I love them (and the pillows go really well with the room too)! We miss you around here, but I bet it's so nice to be together in your new home!
Post a Comment