MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Going home

Well, our vacation here in Billings is over. Tomorrow we head back home. We are still unsure of how long I will be there, but nothing shocks me anymore. We have had a good time here, and we hate to leave, but there is nothing we can do about that. Tegan has school, and I think that Scout caught a cold so we need to get home and take her to the Dr.
Today was pretty quite around here. Justin's sisters, and Madi went back to Utah this morning. We went to church (I only stayed for Sacrament and then brought Scout home) then we came home and some of us slept and others wrangled the children. Scout was really fussy because she isn't feeling well, and Tegan was just really tired from not having a nap, so at times they were both having a tough time. We survived, and then at 7:00 it was off to bed for the kiddos.
I have mixed feelings about going home. Part of me is ready because I like the routine of my life. We have a schedule of things that we do all the time, and those that know me know that I like to stick to a schedule, you all know I love Tegan's school and I hate for her to miss that, and nothing beats home, but in my case the most important part of my home isn't there so where is my home? My physical belongings are there which I love and make me comfortable, but my husband isn't so leaving is a difficult thing to do. Hopefully we will be together before Christmas, but at this point we don't get our hopes up for anything. So anyway, for now we are just thankful for the time we got with him, and we will try to be patient.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Carrie, I admire your strength. I think that you're handling all of this really well- much better than I would be. So glad that you had fun with Thanksgiving, shopping, and family time. Miss you.