MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It has been awhile

Well, I have been having some computer problems. I have been unable to get on the Internet to do anything. It is completely frustrating when I don't have a computer. If Justin isn't careful I might steal his when I see him for Thanksgiving!!

SO, while the computer is working I thought I had better get in a quick post. Scout is sleeping and Tegan is at school. Aw...the sweet sound of silence in an otherwise chaotic house. I LOVE my girls and I love getting to stay home. I would not have it any other way, but how I long for a moment to sit and do nothing.
Anyway we haven't had a very eventful week. We went to church on Sunday and that was somewhat of a nightmare. You know Justin was put in the student ward bishopric when Tegan was the same age as Scout is. Meaning...I took Tegan to church alone from the ages of 1 and 18 months. Now, I am alone with Scout at the same age. I see a little bit of a pattern here!! I know it is not is fault. Of all the times to go to church alone, it is not when your child is between the ages of 1 and 18 months. You don't get to enjoy it because you are constantly in the hall. I just have to remember that it won't last forever and life will be good when she is in nursery. Sacrament was good, but Sunday School and Relief Society we crazy. Scout decided that she didn't want to be held or be on the ground so she would throw herself back and throw a fit while rolling around the floor. I just feel bad for her because I know that her teeth hurt (she is getting 2 molars) and I can't do anything about it. On top of the teeth thing church is right in the middle of her nap, but she refuses the close her eyes at church. She might miss something! Finally, my mom took her and sat with her so I could have a break. Thank goodness for grandmas! Speaking of grandmas real quick, mine is back staying with us, and we are so glad she is here!! Okay back on track, when we got home from church Scout slept from 12:30 until 4. And I am crazy because I didn't use that time to take a nap myself. Then she went back down at 7 and slept until 6:45 the next morning!!! What a wonderful moment for me. I didn't have to get up at 5:30!!! I am trying to teach Scout sign language. We did this with Tegan and it seemed to cut down on the whining, and she caught on really quickly. I just started with Scout, but she is doing really well. It is really cute to watch her do this.
The rest of the week has just been trying to keep up with my girls. Tegan has so much energy. I don't know where she gets it, but I wish she would share so I could keep up with her. She is go, go, go all day long. She doesn't even take a nap, and she would go till 11 if I let her. Maybe the fact I can never sit down has helped contribute to my 19 lb. weight loss.
I wanted to post a couple of pictures. They are of the girls on Sunday and then the other one is of Tegan, she decided Monday morning that the floor was a great place to eat her breakfast. We will never do that again, she had syrup all over including her hair!
Oh... just a little side not for all those wondering. Justin is doing well in Billings. The job is going well, and he is staying busy. He misses us, but this time without us gives him a chance to just focus on work and learn as much as he can.

0 comments: