MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Schools out, wrestling, and learning new things

Today was Tegans last day of school for the rest of the week. She usually goes 5 days a week, but they are having parent teacher conferences for the rest of the week so that means no school for Tegan. I am not sure what we are going to do with ourselves for the next two days. We all look forward to preschool. Tegan loves to go and be with her friends, and I enjoy the time that I get to spend alone with Scout or run errands. I forget how easy things were with one child! I meet with her teacher in the morning. It will be good to sit down and have a chance to talk to her one on one about Tegans progress. Her teacher sends home a weekly journal every Friday, but that can only tell me so much. Today Tegan painted a couple of pictures in school today. I am always so excited to see what she has made at school and even nursery on Sundays. I have one huge folder of all the things that she has made. I am one proud mommy!!

Tegan has 3 boy cousins whom love to be boys and wrestle. Well, she has witnessed this many times in the past, and she has somehow figured that it is okay to wrestle her sister. Well, today I caught her doing it again so I snapped a picture of it. Tegan just doesn't understand that her sister isn't big enough to be wrestled, and I think it scares the pants off Scout sometimes so I have to stop her. Scout is much more mellow than Tegan. Tegan isn't afraid of anything or anyone, and she is not shy at all. Most of you already know that. Scouts personality is much different. She is more reserved, unsure of strangers and won't go to just anyone. She is quite and can entertain herself whereas Tegan has to be entertained. They both have Strong personalities and hopefully that will be a good thing as they get older. It is so fun to see how different they are yet so similar.
There is just something so wonderful about a child learning to do new things. Today I was sitting on the floor playing with Scout and I grabbed a ball and tossed it to her. She picked it up and threw it back to me. We continued to play until she decided she was done, but it was so cute to see her learn something new. I really enjoy watching my girls learn new things. They just amaze me everyday with the things that they do, and in Tegans case the things that she says. If you ever need a good laugh just have a conversation with a 3 year old!!
So the girls are in bed and it is 7:24 so I am going to go and enjoy my quite time for a while. After a long day of running around, messes, screaming children, laughing, crying, diapers, meals on the floor, and all kinds of other unimaginable things I welcome my me time after the girls go to bed because I am just exhausted, and it is all going to start all over tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that you're blogging. I really like hearing about your day. Your girls are darling. Seriously.

Em said...

Hey carrie,
I think it is so funny to see Tegan and Scout wrestle or should I say Tegan wrestling Scout.LOL How do you get your pictures all straight and pretty I try but mine just look a mess.