MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Thursday, November 8, 2007

What a smart kid I have!!

I had Tegans parent teacher conference this morning at 9:00. My friend Ashlie watched the girls for the half hour I was gone. I was excited to meet with Ms. Warpness, and find out how Tegan has done so far in preschool. Tegan is the youngest in the class. She was actually still 2 when school started, but she was allowed in because she just had to turn 3 by September 15th. So after she turned 3 they did the test they do on all kids in preschool. Tegan got a 75/100, which is typical for a 3 year old. They will give her the same test in May and see how much she has progressed. She can count to 13 with out skipping any numbers, she knows her shapes and colors, she knows when things are plural and when to add "ing" to words (Ms. W. was really impressed with this for example, say you are showing a picture of 2 cats to a child they will usually point to one cat and say "cat", and then point to the other cat and say "cat".) We need to work on our letters. Tegan knows the alphabet, but if you show her a letter or number she can't tell you what it is. And she thinks that "T" is the only letter in her name. So we are going to work on the other letters of her name so that she can spell Tegan. Ms. W. had Tegan draw a picture of herself, this is something she will do every month, and I wish that I could show this picture to the world. It was so cute!! She drew a BIG circle (Ms. W. said that at this age kids think their bodies just consist of a head) and she drew her legs and shoes, her arms were coming out of her head. her ears were below her arms,then her pigtails, eyes, and nose. It was the cutest picture, I had a very proud mommy moment. I just wish that Justin had been there to see all that she had done. She is good at tracing numbers and I was told that she spent a lot of time tracing numbers 1-4 to get them just right, and from looking at her page I could tell that she spent time on it. Ms. W. also said that she is so cute, and a joy to have in class. She also said that she was good at following directions, now why won't she do that at home? There was much more, but that is just some of the things that were talked about. At the end of the year I will get this notebook with all the things that she has done. So Justin will eventually get to see all of the work she has done. I am incredibly proud of Tegan and all that she has learned. I can't even explain how exciting it has been to see her in preschool.

After we got home Scout laid down for her morning nap. Tegan decided to throw the pillows off the couch and use them for her jumping enjoyment. Normally this would drive me crazy, but I just don't feel like fighting about it. I took a picture of her, and then when Scout woke up I took a picture of the two of them playing together. This is a rarity since most of the time Tegan either takes toys away from Scout or tries to wrestle her. I do hope that as they get older they will be able to play better together. I know that it is their ages right now, but it is frustrating when I constantly have to get after Tegan to be nice to her sister. This is a conversation we have everyday.
As I am sitting here writing this I noticed something that makes me laugh. A lot of shows for children are interactive, and Tegan is watching one of those shows right now. The character on the T.V. gives a high five (Tegan is aware of this) and gives him a high five back. It is wonderful how sweet and innocent she is. Can she stay like that forever?









1 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad that your parent teacher conference went well- like you expected anything different. :) Your girls are darling. Seriously. Glad to see pictures of them!