MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Friday, November 30, 2007

Show and Tell

Today was busier for us than the last couple of days. It was nice seeing as how we have done nothing but hang out at home because of the cold. Today wasn't as cold so I welcomed an outing. Tegan had show and tell today at school. I asked her what she wanted to take and she informed me that she wanted to take a book. She already had one picked out, and was putting it in her backpack. I asked her if she wanted to pick another toy and she said,"no...just my book." So off to school we went. Tegan loves to read, but I never thought that she would just want to take a book to show her class. When I picked her up, her teacher Ms. Hall, commented on her choice for show and tell. She thought it was great that she chose a book. Then she told me that while Tegan was showing it to her class she was telling them all the "different" ways they could read a book. How funny!! I have included 2 pictures of Tegan's artwork that she did at school that were sent home this week. Mostly for Justin's viewing pleasure since he never gets to see what she does at school. ENJOY!!

After school we made a trip to walmart to pick up a birthday present for our little friend Tyce. Today was his 1st birthday. At 3 we went to his birthday party. It was fun to be out and with other adults, and other kids. Tegan was the oldest one there and at times she was a little bossy, but basically she was good. And then there was Scout who found this little ride a long toy, but instead of riding on it she would move it to where she wanted it and then climb on it to reach for things on the shelves!! Our house is packed so I forget that what it is like to have to keep her out of things. It is definitely a challenge when we go to someone else's house because of all the stuff that is out and accessible to her. Overall, the girls had a great time playing with the other kids, and I had some wonderful adult conversation!
When we got home it was about 5:00. We ate some dinner and then it was off to take baths. Tegan was a little fussy when we got home and Justin offered to talk to her. I put her on the phone and the conversation went like this:
Justin: "are you being good?"
Tegan: "No, I am just being a whiner."
Well, there you have it, kids are too smart. I just laughed as I listened to this conversation. Justin too, found it quite amusing. Sometimes Tegan just amazes me with the things that she says.
My sister Allison came over for the evening. That was nice to have some company. I always enjoy when the boys visit because the boys just adore the girls and keep them entertained for me. Scout was so funny she just followed Calvin everywhere he went. She would hold out her arms and just follow wanting him to pick her up. We also watched Polar Express. Such a good movie!! Tegan LOVES it. I let her stay up way past her bed time to watch it, and also to hang out with her Auntie and cousins. She doesn't get to see them very often, and she loves when they are around.

0 comments: