MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Getting in the Christmas Spirit!!

Well, we had a pretty good day around here at the Graham house. We woke up at about 5:45 (that's not the good part) and started to get ready for the day. After breakfast, I went in a got ready for the day. While I was getting ready Tegan sneezed 4 times in a row, looked and me and said, "mom, I have lots of bless yous). I said, "yes, you do." All the while I was giggling. Again, she really makes me laugh sometimes.

While Scout was down for her morning nap I decided that I had better get some cleaning done. I did my usual weekly deep cleaning that consisted of: mopping floors, laundry, cleaning the bathroom, straightening up rooms, etc. While I dread doing it, I always feel better when it is done. After cleaning, I wanted to make a Christmas chain with Tegan. When I was a kid, my brother, and sisters would make these chains every year. It really brings back a lot of memories of when I was little. I also thought this might help Tegan understand when Santa is coming. Since everyday she asks me if he is coming today! We had a lot of fun doing the chain, and I have included some pictures of her doing her chain.
My mom found my Grandma's tree that she used to use every year for Christmas. It is a small tree that can sit on a table. We thought that it might be fun for Tegan to decorate it, and it helps it feel a little like Christmas around here. I also have a picture of Tegan helping my dad put lights on it. We haven't decorated it yet. We are going to do that tomorrow.



Tonight, Tegan and I went to the Christmas parade. I left Scout with my dad because it was cold, and I didn't want her to freeze. It is a good thing to because when I went outside it was snowing. So anyway, Tegan and I had a good time. The parade was only about half an hour, but that was long enough. We met my sister and her family there. Tegan was so excited to see the boys again. It was nice to spend some Tegan and Mommy time together. I feel like that doesn't happen very often because, first of all, I am the only one here, but also because Scout takes up a lot of my time. Tegan is so independent that sometimes I just expect her to entertain herself. So anyway, it was nice to go do something with just her. We had a wonderful time. I really hope that we will be able to do more things together.
Oh, my little Scout is starting to talk more. She is saying "Hi", "Santa" (can you believe it?!), and "ball". It is so fun to hear her learning to talk. I just wish that Justin was here to see all that she is doing. I called him and tried to get her to talk, but she was so interested in the phone that she wouldn't say anything. Here is a picture of Scout and Tegan sitting next to the other little Christmas tree that we pulled out. So, as you can see, we had a good day spending time together.

0 comments: