MY WONDERFUL FAMILY

MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched-they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

Monday, December 3, 2007

Breakthrough

We had a pretty good Sunday. Tegan got to finish decorating the tree with her Grandma. She had a great time doing it. We let her decide what she wanted to use to decorate the tree, and where she wanted to put it. We even found some extra stockings that my mom had and put those up for the girls. Poor little Scout, she wanted to help decorate so badly, but she is just too little. My mom put this animated bear out that moves its hands and head. Well, Scout went up to it and tried to give it a drink of her milk at different times during the day. How cute is that? This is Scout helping to take everything out of the box. Such a BIG helper!!
the finished product!Well, we finally had a breakthrough today. See, Tegan has thought that she only has one letter in her name and that letter is "T". It didn't matter what I did or told her she still believed that "T" made up her whole name. Mrs. W. and I have been trying to find ways to help her understand that she has other letters in her name. Mrs. W. has never encountered this before. But, to Tegan's defense she is the youngest in the class. She was 2 when school actually started. So because of that her teacher said she is not really worried about it. I am not either, but I would like to find ways to help her learn the letters in her name, and then be able to write her name. At school they have started doing the letter of the week (they are going to do all the letters in Tegans name first), the kids are signing themselves in (Tegan would just put a "T" on her paper and then say she was done), and at home I am having her trace the letters in her name, and just going over the letters in her name in order. SO anyway, back to the point of this, today when I dropped her off I told her she had to sign herself in. She wrote the "t" and then she even tried to write the other letters in her name. She was able to write a "g" so that I knew what it was. When she was done there were 5 letters that she had tried. I was so proud of her. Before we went to school she was telling me that she had a "t"and "e" in her name. I was just so excited that she is starting to understand. I am so incredibly proud of all that she is accomplishing.
The rest of the day just consisted of running a couple of errands, and hanging out at home. The weather was really bad again today. The wind was absolutely terrible around here. I love the Christmas season, but I will be glad when we have good weather again. It is definitely easier to take 2 kids out when the wind is not blowing 100 mph with snow fall!!

0 comments: